[Promotion] System Shock 2 now on Gog.com

lol, that was right before, you had to "fix it up" using lot of tools, now, you just install a "dubious patch that seems created from the leaked source code" to get it to work on modern hardware...

lol, that was right before, you had to "fix it up" using lot of tools, now, you just install a "dubious patch that seems created from the leaked source code" to get it to work on modern hardware...
okay then, so I guess thanks for the link (?)

As I'm reading through some news portals it seams that "they" (not gog, some other company) had access to the source code. Reading through some comments one could get the impression that they just copied major bugfixes adressed in the link in the second post of this thread (without giving credit to the original maker of the bugfix) - there is always a fly in the ointment :( .

yes, forget the patch I mention, it seems to have already been installed on this game... there's now big discution as to know if night dive, just secured the right to sell SS2 and simply scrapped all reference to all the great communities patch and texture mods or if they really made some work as they claim... it's not like much was left to fix after that "dubious patch" I mention except adding the high resolution pack...

edit:

http://www.gog.com/forum/system_shock_2/giving_credit_to_the_actual_patch_authors

while it's great to see a rerelease it seems to be just a blatent stealth of community work without even giving credits...

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, there's some deep comparison between an old instalation + using SS2tool to patch it and the gog instalation... exex are the same, same md5 and all... and there's two difference in the configuration files... so they took comunity work, removed the credits, said it was their work and that they greatly improved compatibility and republished it without change... while everyone agree that it's great to have some SS2 distributed again, there's clearly a problem there...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back