Downloadable Pandora leaflet here.

^ No point in giving Binky corrections on my text, Caine... ;)

I'm not too sure about some of those corrections, at any rate. For example, I didn't want to assume that everyone knew the meaning of "under load" and stuff like that. "Actual usage time" is more likely to mean something to 90% (or more, I'd guess) of people, especially since so many people know full well that battery-life quotes are usually... how to say... exaggerated, or outright lies. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha, I didn't even see that :p I'm afraid the time that I read 99% of all posts here is over. Anyway, consider it targeted at you then ;)

Prometheus said:
I'm not too sure about some of those corrections, at any rate. For example, I didn't want to assume that everyone knew the meaning of "under load" and stuff like that. "Actual usage time" is more likely to mean something to 90% (or more, I'd guess) of people, especially since so many people know full well that battery-life quotes are usually... how to say... exaggerated, or outright lies. :p
Perhaps that is true, but I still feel like the description is a bit too long and the addition that it can outlast "most other currently available gadgets" is rather vague and superfluous.

Hahaha, I didn't even see that :p I'm afraid the time that I read 99% of all posts here is over. Anyway, consider it targeted at you then ;)
But it was just eight posts beforehand! :lol:

Prometheus said:
Perhaps that is true, but I still feel like the description is a bit too long and the addition that it can outlast "most other currently available gadgets" is rather vague and superfluous.
Fair point. In my defence, it was all just quickly jotted down off of the top of my head. :p I probably could've whittled it down more if I'd spent more time on it. :lol:

For example, I didn't want to assume that everyone knew the meaning of "under load" and stuff like that. "Actual usage time" is more likely to mean something to 90% (or more, I'd guess) of people, especially since so many people know full well that battery-life quotes are usually... how to say... exaggerated, or outright lies. :p

you are right, rather than adding that too wordly "under load" better do it like other device and write 25hours of battery-life

To sound really like other devices, we might advertise 120 hours of battery life or something :p (New 3.2 kernel, just idle, screen closed, wasnt totally full and as I opened it I slightly freaked out on the battery meter saying 112 hours of remaining battery....)

I think it would be nice to have a flyer that looks dif to the typical rectangle ones as used by pizza and kebabs houses and most the spam that gets through the letterbox.

The Pandora logo is perfect me thinks.

Its bold and it being a 'box' is perfect for this as can be 'opened' to reveal full details.

Just done a quick thing in MS Paint to show what i mean ... ignore the Paint skillz, its not a polished version just a quick thing.

The two panel flaps on front would open outwards to reveal the contents of Pandora box flyer.

Thought a full sized Pandora diagram would be nice on the back side too, showing the main features like the k/board and dual nubs ... the history and complete spec inside somewhere.

21kjzi1.png

I also thought that the opened flyer looks somewhat like a skyrim helmet or a space invader ... could be nice to theme the inside to a retro game graphic i thought.

Perhaps have the insides of the flap panels with a Castlevania door style graphic ... or classic Mario brickwork ... instant appeal to a retro gamer as they picked it up from table and open it.

I seem to have unintentionally started a flyer competition here.lol. Why don't ye polish up your efforts for people to use to promote the pandora.I only know the basics of microsoft publisher atm.

I just done that as it sprung to mind reading your one, in hindsight although I think the logo shape is nice it's not ideal to quick print out and leave somewhere due to needing to cut rather than just fold.

I think leaflets are OK though, definitely with the qt code though for the reason given that a there'n'then follow up enquiry can be made, but leaflets can reach random people who might have interest and just not know about it, left on uni pinboards, dentist waiting rooms, cab stations and the likes.

Stickers are good, just logo and URL and qt code is all that's needed there and let the inquiring minds link through

I think you mean QR code :)

qt code is for writing KDE programs, panorama & the like.

---

I have an improved version coming...

...are rounded corners on textboxes good?

I do mean QR codes, my error. What you mean improved version, of what, a program you making? Rounded corners generally look nicer on textboxes I think

Separate paragraphs!

I have an improved Pandora promotional leaflet coming, with roundy corners on the areas with text in

ahh ok. I do think the rounded corners will look nicer yes, rounded like Pandoras curves :)

The Pandora is a niche device.

It's only useful marketing it to it's niche audience.

It's niche audience doesn't happen to wonder in to the chip shop on Foleshill Road...

I applaud the effort and contribution, but I'm really not sure that a paper leaflet is genuinely useful. Are there such things as a internet-leaflet? I don't know.

i disagree.

you dont know what all the people are like who wonder in to the chip shop on Foleshill Road.

I go to chip shops, i get cabs, i read local shop noticeboards while waiting in queues, and im in this niche audience.

as i said, some people might be like us and a good target audience but just not aware of Pandora, i mean now its getting more coverage in Linux mag etc, but if you happen to miss the day that Engadget or whoever done a review on it, you simply may not be aware of its existence

dont you think?

to add, the fact that people are still signing up to these boards on a daily suggests to me that people are still only finding out about this product still, be it via word of mouth, online review, whatever.

re: online leaflets ... id say pop-ups are pretty close thing eh :)

Back