Drama between Kumaki and ZXDunny (from: "Easy" RPG - Having NOTHING But Trouble [HALF-SOLVED])

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moved this thread to off-topic. Will now put back the on-topic parts of this thread in the support forum.

Holy shit, w-t-f is this mess? (wheres the [insert picard meme here] button)

*children, stop*

Problem we have here is.. Kumaki is a bit of a brat; ZXDunny is also a brat, but of a different kind. I think you both need to set each other on Ignore, and everyone on these boards will be happier :) Didn't people learn how to deal with people they don't get along with, back in highschool? Move along, no need for hyperventilation, my goodness.

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that no one thinks I was attacking Kumaki when I mentioned her style of word emphasis, that wasn't my intention at all.
Well, I DO. Because, that what you both did is school example of bullying.

Beside, this bullshit of YELLING that cause bleeding from your eyes is... as I said BULLSHIT.

Why?

Because, everytime I try to read this forum from my RaspberryPi, and then came to signature LIKE THIS:

Prometheus.jpg

... my pure little Pi is frozen, or hybernate for some time... and every single time I think about "omfg, forgive'm, for they don't know what they are doing"...

But those innocent souls are sooo picky petty when there's somebody with CAPS ON....

Yes, Kumaki, those are bullyings. @ZXDunny? Sadistic. Shame on you.

I will not be more popullar with this post, but -at least- I have balls to write it down.

Easiest thing is to be mediocre.

The capitalisation did not cause bleeding from my eyes, the reason it annoyed me was:

A) most of the words were emphasised without any need.
B) I'm smart enough to know what simple words mean without the need to be in uppercase and I felt as though Kumaki honestly thinks people would not get the gist of her post with out it (which is not true) .

In regards to my signature it's to show my support for a well respected, loved and missed ex member of this community and the mod team so I'm sorry it slows your raspberry pi down but that is unrelated to my issue with Kumaki's way with words.

I'm not a bully, I'm just honest and not afraid to voice my opinion. If you didn't notice I did try to choose my words carefully when highlighting this to Kumaki as I didn't want to offend her at all. If anything I was trying to help.

I'm sorry Kumaki I really am if you felt I had bullied you in any way that was never my intention.

Sorry , I mean no offence by this, it's more of an observation really - Not aimed at Milkshake or anyone.  But I find it hilarious that some people get worked up over others use of Caps.  The reason given being that there is no reason to shout .

Guys , when reading something in Caps, no one is literally and audibly shouting, it's just a voice in your head which one would think you have some control over.

@milkshake OK, let's say that you did not know your part of game you did play. But, I do not think that _some_mod_ did not know that it is waaay off-topic. Kumaki had to know how to stop it, and she was sucked in game that she can't win.
I think it was ugly game to get rid of her as a mod. Anyway, it is over now so I will not rumble about it anymore.

nhf

@PowerGod:Funny one, aren't you?

... my pure little Pi is frozen, or hybernate for some time... and every single time I think about "omfg, forgive'm, for they don't know what they are doing"...
Yeah and my 286 really begs for mercy. How can I feel sorry for people using computers weaker than a medium sized rock? Where am I supposed to draw the line?

I know RPi Foundation are the good guys and all that but damn, I sure wish they used an SoC with a CPU that wasn't obsolete like three years before it came out. Now we also have to deal with a new breed of "hurr ARM is slower than my refrigerator" people..

Sorry , I mean no offence by this, it's more of an observation really - Not aimed at Milkshake or anyone.  But I find it hilarious that some people get worked up over others use of Caps.  The reason given being that there is no reason to shout .

Guys , when reading something in Caps, no one is literally and audibly shouting, it's just a voice in your head which one would think you have some control over.
I told Kumaki as politely as I could that her posting style is amplifying how people perceive her tone but she didn't take it into consideration at all. So I don't feel bad that people grew increasingly impatient with it. Some people think that there are no intonation cues when you type on the internet. That's wrong. They show up in things you take for granted if you try to map it directly to vocal conversation. Internet isn't make believe fantasy land for everyone participating; spend enough time online and you'll perceive interactions like a person does in the real world. But like a deaf or blind person you will pick up on different types of cues.

The quality of your spelling and grammar, level of vocabulary, punctuation, run-on sentences, line spacing, emphasis style, use of parentheticals - these things all have a huge impact on how you're perceived online. And how you're perceived online completely dictates the level you can interact at.

When I suggested Kumaki tone it down I said her posts were perceived as shouting. Not saying she meant to sound like she was shouting. Much less that she was actually playing out shouting in her mind, or - seriously now - shouting the words out loud. So you can't really say I was criticizing her intentions. But perception is critical. You can tell yourself the person doesn't mean to sound like they're shouting, but if you're conditioned to read it that way that's how you are going to read it. Changing how you read it is close to impossible. There's zero doubt in my mind that perception through writing style played a huge role in the escalation that happened here and anyone who thought otherwise should think about going over what happened.

I'm late, but a day ago I was wondering why Kumaki was a mod.  This was pretty nice, but it seemed to me that ZXDunny made his fun a little bit too obvious a few times.  You must practice your stone.  I like reading arguments like this though, and after having read comments like b_o_b's and darkborn's I would like speak up a moment for the people like myself who don't see personal and educational skirmishes as any kind of threat to themselves or their community.  I'll state a couple things without examples just because they're surely already so agreeable; it's nice to move topics and conversations which really don't belong in informative sounding threads to other simpler sections more appropriate, and it is terrible to delete passionate raving just because people who do not absorb pleasure from these kinds of conversations might happen to read them anyways.

Sorry , I mean no offence by this, it's more of an observation really - Not aimed at Milkshake or anyone.  But I find it hilarious that some people get worked up over others use of Caps.  The reason given being that there is no reason to shout .

In a text based medium where you have no way or hearing volume, tone or inflection these things must be inferred from clues in the text.  Typing in all caps makes text a lot harder to read and has long been considered (and been used as) as an indication of shouting. 

No-one is getting worked up over it, but it is perfectly reasonable to ask someone not to make their messages harder to read than necessary.   Aside from anything else it just detracts from the point they are attempting to make.

Also while the concept of netiquette may have fallen by the wayside over the years, as  someone who used BBS systems in the past Kumaki should be well aware of this.  

- Neelix 

Of course it is pointless to continue with, but I have to type it again.

When somebody take 1024*768 "signatures" with ENOURMOUS pamphlet on it, as normal and regullar (oh-so-ironic 286 exophase),

and then somebody preaching about

"it makes text a lot harder to read and has long been considered (and been used as) as an indication of shouting" as Neelix did,

how do you call it?

Hypocrisy? Squared? Mediocrity?

Netiquette is not written for that misusing.

Word I used before was "sadistic". It is ugly word, but just consider be in her skin, beeing provoked as she did, and... now you are talking about NETIQUETTE?

Btw, you heard about yesterday's bombs in Boston?
Do you think that those people screaming around should be punished because of inappropriate behaviour?

Have some pity, please.

EDIT: I missed it: "but it is perfectly reasonable to ask someone not to make their messages harder to read than necessary."
"Please, lady, do not complain. Somebody is scr*win you around, everybody just watch but... please do not use capitals because it is harder to read."
"Thank you officer. Now please, leave me to bleed out to death."

I think the name of the game when it comes to forum posts is tolerance.  

On some forums I'm part of , correcting peoples spelling or grammar etc is against forum rules.  Why, because it always starts shit fights like this.  It also gets a thread off topic faster than a speeding bullet - which is often what pisses the thread starter and others off most.

Getting back to tolerance, there are people here of all nationalities , backgrounds , education, age  etc. Some peoples posts are so badly written it often takes me several goes at reading them, but I know those poeple are probably not native English speakers etc - so I tolerate it. Others have trouble with spelling (like me sometimes) , again it's tolerated. Some just have Com issues, again I tolerate it.   As I said, tolerance goes a long way to preventing issues.

As far as Caps lock is concerned, it honestly doesn't bother me.  But obviously it does with some.  My comment was a general observation in relation to those that say they can't handle the shouting .  When I read Caps, the voice in my head doesn't get any louder.  Maybe it's just me.- having said that there are some things that do kind of bug me only a little though, but because I understand (or sometimes because I don't know) what the posters background is, I tolerate it.

Agree. I do not like fascism-like plays, so insisting of 100% pure gramatic correctness, no caps anytime/anywhere etc... is ridiculous imho.

Ppl from US often exaggerate, personally I don't like it, but... so what?
Almost nobody  (beside _her_ ) said to _other_person_ "please, back to the topic or you will be banned"... but almost everybody starts complaining about capitals???
It is so unfair and wrong so that I just can't judge _her_ behaviour.
Beside, situation I "like" the most is when somebody use the capitals. There will be, instantenously, dozen of smart-heads mumbling the same:
"Do not shout!" "Do not shout!" "Do not shout!" "Do not shout!" "Do not shout!" "Do not shout!"...

When I'm thinking about Open Pandora, I am considering Open Community, not square(d).

Of course it is pointless to continue with, but I have to type it again.

When somebody take 1024*768 "signatures" with ENOURMOUS pamphlet on it, as normal and regullar (oh-so-ironic 286 exophase),

and then somebody preaching about

"it makes text a lot harder to read and has long been considered (and been used as) as an indication of shouting" as Neelix did,

how do you call it?

Hypocrisy? Squared? Mediocrity?
Hello? His signature is 1000x150. A bunch of other people are using it. You're the only person I've seen complain about it. It's not reasonable to ask people to make accommodations for someone using the equivalent of a 15+ year old PC. If it was just one person who was annoyed by Kumaki's posting style then that one person should have just ignored it. That wasn't the case. You're wrong if you think milkshake's sig is bad common netiquette and you're wrong if you think excessive caps emphasis isn't. End of story.

See that option that lets you ignore people's signatures? Try doing that. And let me know when there's an option to automatically de-cap emphasis someone's post.

And let's say, for the sake of argument, that you have a leg to stand on here - did you ask nicely for milkshake to take down the signature like we asked for Kumaki to stop capping out? No, you did not. You saved it so you could add fuel to your attack on milkshake. Position nullified. Sit back down.

No one is insisting on perfect grammar or caps. Get it through your skull, I said these things impact how you're perceived. If you don't care about how you're perceived then fine. Just don't complain when people treat you like you're constantly flying off the handle, or when people never bother to read your posts because they're too annoying to process. And go ahead and keep calling people naive for not instantly thinking iCP2 is a hoax, keep calling people fascists and hypocrites and whatever for asking Kumaki to dial down the caps, I'm sure you'll do well to impress your opinion on people.

Nice that you measure his signature, so you prove that you can count.  I was *Ironic* and *sarcastic* with 1024x768, you 286 guy.

You missed all those insulting, provoking etc... but you *see* caps.

I have to sketch you: It is NOT about milkshake's sig, or milkshake (he appologized btw).

It is about blind people that *cannot* see obvious.

> If it was just person who was annoyed... That wasn't the case

So enlight me, what it was ? WASP KKK, and you're the Supreme Grand Wizard?

We are supose to use Pandora to play 8-bit cpu games, but you will prohibit me to surf forum with "15+ year old PC"???

(beside I'm not using RPi often, but it is pointless)

> See that option that lets you ignore people's signatures?

And... how about you adjust screen font size so that your eyes are not bleeding when somebody use caps?

Or, I will put 5000 animated gifs etc in my signature, and we all will shut it down /ignore, so....

what is point of signature then? To show who has bigger one?

> You're wrong if you think milkshake's sig is bad common netiquette and you're wrong if you think excessive caps emphasis isn't.

Maybe I'm wrong, but you know what you are.

captain-obvious.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back