Dreamcast Emulator Thread

benjsh said:
can we get the beta for the Pandora and download it?

I already ordered my Pendora so I get it here in December and ready to beta test the emulator.
Have you been smoking that spliff in the post above yours?

If things go better than they have ever have up till now, maybe, just maybe, a maximum of 1000 people will get a Pandora in December. You've only just ordered! Have you had a confirmation email that you are in the first batch and have you paid up in full? Even if the answer is yes to both those last two questions, you are about 3850 in line to receive one.
Finally, I doubt the DC emulator is ready for beta testing yet, so chill out and plan to do something else over the next two months (no pun intended).

Last edited by a moderator:
You won't get your Pandora in December.

Even in the highly unlikley event of some people getting theirs in December, if you've only just ordered, you deffinately wont

Pleng said:

Even in the highly unlikley event of some people getting theirs in December, if you've only just ordered, you deffinately wont

Don't jinx it, Lets all have some faith!

The Pandora god's maybe listening ;-)

"Guys, if your game is on this list of WinCE games you definitely won't ever be able to play it."
"Hooray, my favorite game is not the list, so I'll definitely be able to play it! At full speed~"

Exophase said:
"Guys, if your game is on this list of WinCE games you definitely won't ever be able to play it."
"Hooray, my favorite game is not the list, so I'll definitely be able to play it! At full speed~"

lol, I never said/thought such a thing. I'm simply happy that most of the games I'd be thrilled to see running in any capacity are not on the "these games will never work at all, so don't even ask" list. :)

Pleng said:

Didn't craig say that they would be shipped out by location, not by order number?
edit: weird, missing the quote :huh:

GizmoTheGreen said:
Pleng said:

Didn't craig say that they would be shipped out by location, not by order number?
edit: weird, missing the quote :huh:
if they can ship all 4000 within december, that would be just totally awesome. But thats only gonna happen if they changed their plans of shipping and if the oher 3000 parts are manufactored before 15th of december - or the factory assembles and ships, but i dont think that happens since they only manufactor one single thing thats part of the pandora.

But there's a chance i get my pandora on the beginning of January. If its before the 10th, it will be good enough for me.

Exophase said:

why do you even post here just to spin your negative crap? nobody wants to hear your pessimistic crap.

Paradox said:
Exophase said:

why do you even post here just to spin your negative crap? nobody wants to hear your pessimistic crap.
Hi Kettle, have you met my friend the Pot?

WizardStan said:
Paradox said:
Exophase said:

Hi Kettle, have you met my friend the Pot?

lol. Also (@Paradox), if Exophase has reason to be pessimistic about how well this emulator will run stuff, it's probably not without good reason. We can all hope, though. :)

Exophase is absolutely right. The NullDC guys are doing this in their freetime and without outer time-pressure. They don't care for demands at all and we should be fine with that. What they have achieved this far is definatly impressing, but not nearly usable. The only way to deal with this is to not await anything at all and be surprised about every little progress they make.

conso said:
Exophase is absolutely right. The NullDC guys are doing this in their freetime and without outer time-pressure. They don't care for demands at all and we should be fine with that. What they have achieved this far is definatly impressing, but not nearly usable. The only way to deal with this is to not await anything at all and be surprised about every little progress they make.

Not only that, but I would bet that it's going to take a production Pandora to inspire a lot of developers- one can only dev for so long on a device that keeps getting delayed.

Paradox said:

Wow, you desperately need some improved perspective on this.

For one thing, I'm going to guess that your posts here are much less appreciated than mine are. Just keep that in mind before you start being critical of mine.

The more important thing, is that I'm not just trying to be "negative", what I'm trying to do is reign down expectations to something more along realistic "wait and see" levels. People have been getting really ahead of themselves with Dreamcast and PSP emulation and it's better to not over-hype it and risk a lot of people being especially disappointed.

I can only imagine how pissy you in particular would be if 4 years later your favorite Dreamcast games aren't running perfectly.

Paradox said:

Do not question the Exophase, he is a wise man.

Exophase said:
For one thing, I'm going to guess that your posts here are much less appreciated than mine are.
This is true more often than not, but that doesn't mean that everything you say will be automatically appreciated. I agree with you that it's necessary to debunk myths about emulation ASAP but it can be done without offending people.

(Remember that people from different cultures visit these forums, from cultures in which sarcasm/irony etc is frowned upon and isn't a source of laughter. I personally think it's OK to some extent but others might not.)

Back