DS emulator.

Peace guys,

Pandora is not released. How do you think developers can develop an emulator if the handheld is not available yet ?

Why asking again and again about a DS emulator (or anything else) ? don't tell me you bought or you'll buy a Pandora to play DS games !?

Seriously, some are criticizing psp scene but I don't see any difference here.

Because it will be cool!
Handhald which can running game from other hanhald. I like that. I don't talk about PSP because I have it.
But DS is another.
Hundreds coolest games created for DS and if Pandora can running them, than popularity of Pandora will grown up.

i just started porting a ds emulator and it already runs a small demo perfectly with sound and everything. expect a full running emu at pandora launch, start downloading illegal roms NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that will show you, you pessimistic bullshit rambling fools!

hansfranz said:
i just started porting a ds emulator and it already runs a small demo perfectly with sound and everything. expect a full running emu at pandora launch, start downloading illegal roms NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that will show you, you pessimistic bullshit rambling fools!

Mario 64 vids or it didn't happen.

He was trolling. There is no such emulator. It didn't happen. The cake is a lie.

I hope somebody eventually makes one cause I sold my ds to help me afford the Pandora lol. I'm sure more people would be interested in playing games that is on a current console rather than a console made 20 years ago. Retro gaming is more casual for me because it is hard to really get into them unlike modern consoles which I can play for hours. A DS emulator on a handheld console would really impress the community and attract attention to the Pandora project which in turn gives us more developers.

We already have "two screens": the Pandora's LCD (which is also a touch-screen) and the TV-Out... and if you can't (or don't want to) play on a TV, you can also put both screens in the Pandora using different scale factor, as some people has said previously.

borgqueenx said:
why does every coder tries to port older game consoles?
Because its easier?
or....?

As long as they're focused on older consoles, with games that are no longer supported, the publishers have long since evaporated, etc. it remains in a legally grey area of copyright law. There's lots of articles out there on "Abandonware" if you want to get in to the technicalities.

Now when someone emulates current consoles, now you're in the land where the big companies are making money. Bleem! was a commercially available emulator for the PSX that was released while the PSX was still in production, and was sued by Sony. While Sony lost the lawsuits, they bankrupted the Bleem! company and in that way Sony won. There's some argument about whether or not this case actually provides precedence, or of someone else will have to fight the whole battle all over again. The reality is probably somewhere in the middle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleem!

Most emulators are made by people on their home machines without any financial backing at all. There's no way for these people to even compete against Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft at trial, so the community as a whole sticks to porting older generation consoles where the original manufacturer isn't making money off of those products.

Sony only went after Bleem! and VGS and left free emulators like PSEmuPro and later ePSXe alone. Likewise, despite a letter written out to UltraHLE, Nintendo has never legally challenged an emulator in court. There have been numerous GBA and now DS emulators around during the active lifetime of the platform and Nintendo has never said anything, much less done anything. The same goes for PS1 and PS2, with N64 being a small exception (Nintendo never said anything to any of the emulators coming out after UltraHLE)

There's very little danger in writing a DS emulator for a platform like Pandora unless you try charging money for it.

Exophase said:
Sony only went after Bleem! and VGS and left free emulators like PSEmuPro and later ePSXe alone. Likewise, despite a letter written out to UltraHLE, Nintendo has never legally challenged an emulator in court. There have been numerous GBA and now DS emulators around during the active lifetime of the platform and Nintendo has never said anything, much less done anything. The same goes for PS1 and PS2, with N64 being a small exception (Nintendo never said anything to any of the emulators coming out after UltraHLE)

There's very little danger in writing a DS emulator for a platform like Pandora unless you try charging money for it.

even accepting money for donations is dangerous. look what happened to no$gba...

Nintendo had the creator assassinated. Well, that's my theory. Nobody has seen him in a long time.

Back