Release Dungeon Keeper PND for the GOG Version

Deeper dungeons is a seperate executable but yes it seems to run, not had chance to play it though just tested if it would run. Looking after the kids today so not much chance to play anything!

Maybe i can make a PND for the Dungeon Keeper original CD too,but copying the Files will take a veryyy long Time into the Qemu Image for everyone then.

BTW can anyone give me more Stars than one on the Repo please? ;)

Hi Ingo, this doesn,t seem to work for me. Maybe this is because my partition is ext4 and hence case sensitive. Original files contain a mix of upper and lower case characters and your config file is all lower case characters. But even if I rename your two files in keeperfiles to all upper case characters it doesn't work: I can see the flashscreen but after that a cd with a question mark is shown and there is no sign of disk activity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, if GAME.INST (basically the CD image .cue file) is capitalized maybe try making it lower case.. or vise versa.. From what I gather game.gog is the CD image binary file.

Seem you have forgotten to skip existing File while installation or we have in ext4 no write Permissions in your Appdata.
That can maybe a Linux Permission Problem.

There are 3 possible Solutions for this :

1:
Simply edit the keeper.cfg in your Appdata keeperfiles and choose as Installation Directory simply d:

2:
press ctrl+alt+f and minimize the Window.
Start Thunar and copy the File /mnt/tmp/keeper/keeper.cfg into your keeperfiles Directoy.

3:
Delete your Entire Appdata Keeper Folder,restart the PND and after recreating the Appdata should the File keeper.cfg be in there.
Copy your Files into keeperfiles back,but dont overwrite keeper.cfg,simply skip this File ;)

Please can you report if the keeper.cfg after first start is in your Appdata?
I hope Tapatalk write good because it forgot often the Return Key here.

When its real a Permission Problem on Ext4 then can you maybe not Save your Game,please report ;)

I think the first Way is the easiest Way for your Problem what you have written ;)

Hi Ingo,

alas the problem is different. I do have two files in keeperfiles after first start:

1. keeper.cfg

2. keeper.qcow2

Mind they are all lower case!

Now when I copy over the whole content of my Dungeon Keeper folder there is nothing to skip, as the two files KEEPER.CFG and KEEPER.QCOW2 are present but as ext4 is case sensitive they are different files than the both already in keeperfiles. So I end up having keeper.cfg AND KEEPER.CFG in the keeperfile directory (same with the . qcow2 file) And even if I rename your keeper.cfg to KEEPER.CFG and delete the one from the original Dungeon Keeper directory it does not start properly. This might be because it wants to open a file "Keeper.cfg" (capital K!). Using Windows this doesn't matter as all versions of capitalization are the same. With ext4 this is a huge problem if one cannot tell the exact capitalization which is used inside the program.

Strange because i start Dungeon Keeper with DRDos.

In DRDos are the Capitals not important if they are big or small.

But it can be a Naming Problem because keeper.cfg will be copied before Dungeon Keeper start.

When after every restart,the wrong lettered keeper.cfg will be new copied,can that maybe cause Problems.

Because there are 2 keeper.cfg Files cause that maybe your Error.

I understand the Problem now. ;)

On Sunday Evening have i little Time for test this with ext4 too :)

Hi Ingo don't worry, problem solved.

What I have done:

1. Started your pnd first->directory ...appdata/keeper/keeperfiles with keeper.cfg and keeper.qcow2 is created.

2. Copied all content of the GOG Dungeon Keeper install folder to ...appdata/keeper/keeperfiles except KEEPER.CFG.

3. Started your pnd again->works!

I thought I had done this before as this is the obvious way but was confused with the double appearence of the .qcow2 file. But this could be caused by renaming problems.

Thank you and Trashy for your support. And thank you for making this pnd!

Good that it work now,but i make an Update for the PND soon to avoid this Problem in Future :)

Okay I tried it on my CC and it's barely playable. dang it. oh well, all the more reason to finally get an upgrade.

btw: who is that ccf kid that keeps trolling the repo? he's constantly whining about the ports. he doesn't seem to be able to follow simple instructions or use google.

btw: who is that ccf kid that keeps trolling the repo?
CocoCreekFisherman or Haikmanplayer(not sure on spelling) He's been banned twice on the forum for bad behavior.

Update on the Repo.

The Naming Problem with KEEPER.CFG should be now solved

and i implemented little smoother/better Ingamesettings setted automatic now ^_^

Dont forget to delete the old Appdata Folder for the new Version :)

Back