Dvd Shrink

dr_other

Now...

*sigh*

I really do hate to keep asking questions here... it makes me feel pretty useless... but I just can't seem to run any to any luck movie wise.

I wised up and got DVD Shrink.

It seems incredibly user friendly and such... but when I go and try to back up my movie, I get

DVD Shrink has encountered an error and cannot continue.
Out Of Memory
The paging file is too small for this operation to complete.

I have made these back ups from very small to regular movie size, everything seems to give me the same response.

I know well and good that it isn't the amount of space I have on my computer or something like that, my computer is fairly ship shape...

Any help would be appreciated immensly.

Without more info it's hard to be certain but it sounds like the virtual memory 'The paging file is too small' needs to be increased. I've not used DVD shrink, but check it's options to find out where it creates its temporary files. Make sure that drive has plenty of free space (about 11 Gig should do). Also if there is a maximum size for the temporary file specified somewhere try increasing that.

Finally, try increasing the Windows virtual memory size. IT's another thing that could give you a similar error message.

Hope that helps.

After doing all those things, following the advise of google and getting rid of excess, and restarting... it now works.

So, thank you all very much, I am very glad to have such a fine program work.

Now, onto DVD2AVI then I will have another go at virtualdub...

Back