GP2X Dynamism And_gp2x Help!

LordDavon

Let me just start off by letting everyone know that in the process of nursing my daughter back to health, I have caught her massive cold and it is pretty hard for me to focus. Now on to the problem...

The system is hitting a few snags as far as SDL goes. I know I could use the probuilt libs, but doing so is just going to place a band-aid on the issue and not solve the problem. SDL just isn't working as compiled. I am using the GPH SDL sources for SDL (1.2.7) and SDL_image (1.2.4). For SDL_mixer I am using version 1.2.6 from the SDL site. I have compiled the gcc crosscompiler and that seems to be working fine. Just not the SDL libs.

What I would like to do is move the environment from Beta status to Proof-of-Concept and release it to a few developers, at this time. Hopefully with their help, we can get a solid development environment built for the GP2X for release to the public in a few days. I hesitate releasing it in its broken state as the support questions are going to consume too many resources and take away from tuning the system.

So, if anyone who has compiled a working app (or is in the process and has compiled a running app) can email me at davsolomon@gmail.com. I am more then happy to setup a download link and contact information for myself (phone number, IM, etc...).

David

You can get a patched (and working, i'm using it with success) SDL source code from the open2x project.

The home page is here but you must get it from CVS. The module is libs-gp2x/SDL.

Oscaruzzo posted on Dec 10 2005 at 10:18 AM said:
You can get a patched (and working, i'm using it with success) SDL source code from the open2x project.

The home page is here but you must get it from CVS. The module is libs-gp2x/SDL.

I looked at the Open2X sources and they are the GPH Sources (patched SDL sources as well). I couldn't see any differences between theirs and the ones that I have. Thank you for the suggestion though.

For all I know there may not be an issue with my SDL libs, it could be in my use of them. That is why I need developer help.

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Forget it. I found the issue. The drive image became corrupt and the libs were unreadable.

David

Back