E-Cigarettes

there's lot of cheap e-cigarettes on DX... that said I'dd avoid any food, medicament or other product like that from DX anyway... lol

Have any smokers out there? Have any of you tried E-Cigarettes? Just got a kit from V2 in the mail a couple days ago... so far I'm very impressed. So much so I am probably going to give up regular smoking all together and just stick with these. I have no intention on actually stopping my nicotine consumption, this seems to be a much safer and less expensive alternative.

Ah! Congratulations to you! I wish I'd seen this topic last night, however I was busy coding my own version of the board game Pentago.

It's really a great thing that you're getting rid of the analogues. Really. You've taken your first step to... well, not dying horribly. :D

As far as not stopping your nicotine consumption, mostly I say, "Go for it!" as in some scientific studies, nicotine has been "proven" (but can we really "prove" anything?) to be no more harmful than caffeine. However, it is an added risk, and you will find that if you first completely lose the tobacco addiction, the nicotine addiction is as easy as stepping down your nicotine level every so often. If you're interested. I have been nicotine free since a few weeks after I started and suck down about 4oz of zero-nic vape juice every month. Over time I realised my only addiction remaining was the hand-to-mouth action, which has in a way "assimilated" the acts of pushing the button and "dripping" (I don't mess with cartridges). If you handed me a cigar now, I'd crush it between my fingers looking for the button, and tear the end off to pour juice in it. XD

That all said, here are my suggestions for you:

• Buy manual batteries. Automatic ones tend to have problems with dripping, which you'll eventually probably want to do.
  • The Revolver Infiniti Ion can be purchased here. In my opinion it is the best, and this is not a plug. The ones like you bought are child's playthings in comparison.
  • If you want to experience flavours that were never before possible, buy Tasty Vapor's vapour juice. I suggest Blueberry Cheesecake, Waffles, and Raspberry Cough Drop (oh my god it makes you feel alive, I tell you). The doubler system is a bit confusing at first but either I can help you with it or you can post on the e-cig forums (I don't frequent them; I have all the forum I need right here). Once again, no affiliation, but these guys are that good.
  • If you go places with it and use it indoors (like you legally can), people will say things. Other people will not say things. Some people will say confused things. These are the people you want to spread the word to. Some people will only say angry things. It doesn't "click" with them that it's not real smoke; their very small brains are too polluted by sheep-culture. If it looks like smoking, it is smoking, and it's illegal in public! You kids get off my lawn! For these people, you should smile, say "O.K.", and put it away to make them happy, lest they spread the word about how these "e-cig users" are "punks" and "hooligans" and say.
  • If your atomiser is not producing vapour (and this will happen after a time), it may not be dead right away. Take it out and submerge it in vodka-- that's right, vodka!-- in the morning; Before bed, take it out, rinse it through with water, and let it dry through the night. When it's dry, prime it with a few drops of your favourite liquid, let it sit for a minute or so, and vape away. In my honest opinion, nothing else does the job as well as vodka (it's hotly debated though, so research it and get your own opinion).
  • Drink lots of water, and have fun with your cancer-free vapour experience!

what do you think about this one below? It looks very intriguing to me. Also how long do the atomizers last? If I were to continue cleaning it with vodka like you recommend?

http://revolvercig.c...ank-system.html

On the Tank, can't really tell you, as I've never had one; the reviews look good and it's from Revolver, so you've got two things going for you right there. Honestly, I'd buy it if I had the money, so you have your answer there. If you wanted something I could absolutely, 100% encourage, it'd be the Ion; there again, this new thing looks like it's even better. My suggestion? Give it a try! You can always return it (i think) if you're unhappy. Let me know how it is.

Atomisers, unfortunately, are the anchor, ball and chain of this new industry. If they could get them to last forever, it'd be amazing, and I think it will happen someday. However, as of right now, they're like random number generators. Some people get them to last for months; "standard" lifespan seems to be about a month, though they can go in a week... honestly, the only thing you can do to help is leave it completely up to the random element by keeping your atty clean and never dry-burning your atomiser (holding the button down when there's no juice on it). Also remember never to drip on a hot atty. Some people say dripping kills atties. I say dripping on a hot atty kills atties. Let it cool off for a few seconds; blow on it or something. Any sudden drop in temperature will eventually and directly cause atomiser failure, it's a matter of physics and it's just How Things Work (look up "thermal stress"). I keep a spare or two around at all times. I've completely killed two so far and one is on its way out I think (you can tell sometimes when vapour production begins to suck; sometimes they just pop though).

Anyway, 10 bucks for an atty that'll usually last all month or longer; 15 bucks for a 4oz bottle of juice that'll last the same amount of time (or longer).... or 10 bucks for a pack of analogues that'll last the day or two if you restrain yourself. I think you can guess who comes out on top in the end :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered the starter kit even though I'm very happy with my v2. If anything it will make a great backup if not a primary

I just ordered the starter kit even though I'm very happy with my v2. If anything it will make a great backup if not a primary

Damn it! You're making me want to vape :p . Unfortunately, I've just relocated back to my birthplace from the Institute, and the batteries, atties, juices, pack and charger are in seventeen different storage tubs. Plus, my parents are the "You kids get off my lawn!" type we discussed earlier, and I am currently sitting my "very impressionable" little sis of age seven. Ah well; the greatest thing about going zero-nic is that no matter how much I want to vape, I will never, ever need to vape again. It feels good to be free ^_^ If I need a jolt, I go for coffee now :D

If only there were a way to vapourise caffeine-- someone needs to get on that now. Actually, I think it is chemically impossible because the molecule is too large or something :( . Bah! 50 years ago, anti-gravity and teleportation devices were "impossible"; just look at us now! In your face, naysay-- ... . . . . . .

Oh. :(

I just got it in the mail today, while the throat hit isn't as good... the amount of vapor is very impressive, a ton cooler than my v2 I gotta give it a few more days to decide which I like better I think.

the battery life is amazing though much better than the 1000mah revolver vs the 250mah v2, I heard the low resistance gives a better throat hit and a lot warmer so I ordered some low resistance attys and the bigger tanks

I don't know about replacing my main kit, but it is definitely a nice spare to use when out and about

the throat hit isn't as good...

TH gets better over time, I'm told. It's not one of my axes of satisfaction (I never did inhale cigars, and I vape zero-nic) but a brand-new atomiser will usually have to be "broken in", and I've read this specifically in reviews about the Talon system. I think you'll find it satisfactory in the near future.

Hopefully I'll get one when I get a job... to be pathetically honest the main turn-off about the tank system for me is the lack of the LED at the front. One of the reasons I started smoking cigars was the dramatic effect of the actions and visuals involved, and the desire for that hasn't gone away (though blowing a huge-ass cloud of vapour [xkcd cuddlefish unite: huge ass-clouds] is pretty cool). I might modify it to add one; it couldn't be that hard.

just ordered the "low resistance XL atomizers" for the talon tank system, and holy smokes (pun intended) it is sooooooooo much better. This is what I was hoping for... great taste, warm vapor, amazing throat hit and holds 2.0ml of juice that should last a whole day no problem expecially with that 1000mah battery. The one that came stock was very so/so even after a couple days of breaking in the atomizer it just wasn't what I was looking for.

this is now my new main kit, thanks aqua for the suggestion!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back