E3 - 2011

Pleng said:
Awakening said:
I've seen the Nintendo press conference now and I got really interested in the Wii U. The things you can do with the new controller is just amazing if you ask me. I do wonder how many of those you can connect. It would be so nice to for example have hidden player information on the controllers

Yea they should still be able to keep hold of the family market with that, too. Great for board games such as monopoly and scrabble where the main board and dice can remain on the tv and all your bits and bobs can be shown on your screen.

Things Nintendo can do to shoot themselves in the foot:

• Not allow it to play back DVDs and CDs
  • Not allow it to be used for multimedia functions such as playing network or disk based music and videos - The Wii had all the possibilities to become my main entertainment system but, even with the best efforts of the homebrew guys, it just fell slightly short.
  • Not be backwards compatible with Wii games and Wii motes

• http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/3790-nintendo-wii-u/page__view__findpost__p__71171

• Well, at least any external hard-drive can be read via Wii U's USB ports (it has 4 of them).

• Wii U is fully compatible with Wii games and ALL Wii accessories and strangely enough people are upset at the fact that it's not backward compatible with GameCube games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back