E3 Expo: June 15-17 2010

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
M$'s was rubbish (apart from the 360 console redesign) I only care about Nintendo's presser.

19 hours to go till the best unveiling (and full specs revealed) in history!!!

craigix said:
Is this their new dual core 720mhz 3D DS thing which I keep reading about? Or a new Wii?

Dual core 720MHz? Where did you read that? Maybe you're thinking of the Tegra 2 rumor, which was confirmed false.

There is buzz that it's more powerful than Wii, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeahr, first i recive my Pandora, second i buy the Pandora Killerdevice: Nintendo 3DS..
I think mey Pandora should survive the new competitor from Nintendo, because its opensource!!! (and more usefull)

If it doesn't match the Wii in power, it's not going to be impressive. On the other hand, it doesn't have to be impressive because it's a Nintendo device. Only thing they absolutely have to make sure is that the 3D screen works well. Then it'll sell like crazy and I'll buy one as well.

The 3D DS could be cool. I hope it doesn't suck. May be the first time I give a shit about a DS :p

I loved LOZ:WindWaker's graphical style and really hope that the new Wii game does indeed follow that.

Twilight Princess looked great at first, but the gameworld was so sparse and empty (and dull!) that I'd rather sacrifice detail and have a much more interesting and engaging landscape, like WindWaker's. But, please, let the bosses be tougher!

Only another 7hours...

Is this the Nintendo Keynote we're talking about? Do you think it'll be live like the Microsoft one?

Yes, the Nintendo keynote speech will be live. There are several sites covering it including IGN, 1UP, Gamespot etc.

Supposed to be 18:00 GMT - 9:00 PDT. I don't know other timezones. Here's a link and countdown timer - http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/

The Microsoft one was half an hour late yesterday, so hopefully Nintendo's will be on time.

From the 3DS presentation I'm watching right now:

Analog nub in addition to previous DS controls
3D slider control to adjust 3D effect
No screen resolutions mentioned yet
More computational power mentioned, but no specifics
Upper and lower screens sized identically to FCC prototype/developer board shown elsewhere on-line
Lower screen only one with touch; no mention whether resistive or capacitive
Automatic wireless connectivity to other 3DS units and wifi access points; no special app needs to be run to do this
One camera facing user; two on top of unit lid facing away from user allowing 3D photos; no resolutions given
3D movies from major studios will be available

Have to admit I like the look of the 3DS, but the Kid Icarus video showed very square polygons for the main characters and backgrounds. It's obvious this is more powerful than DS, but it's definitely seems less than GameCube, let alone Wii. However, this is only one video and still early days...

The nub was very Pandora-ish though... ;)

3pm EST, 1.5 hours from now. Unless Sony pulls outsomething amazing, Nintendo definitely won the show. Those Kid Icarus graphics were at least GC level. Looks like the Pandora won't be the only mobile device I'm using...

Uh...Clem said:
From the 3DS presentation I'm watching right now:

Analog nub in addition to previous DS controls
3D slider control to adjust 3D effect
No screen resolutions mentioned yet
More computational power mentioned, but no specifics
Upper and lower screens sized identically to FCC prototype/developer board shown elsewhere on-line
Lower screen only one with touch; no mention whether resistive or capacitive
Automatic wireless connectivity to other 3DS units and wifi access points; no special app needs to be run to do this
One camera facing user; two on top of unit lid facing away from user allowing 3D photos; no resolutions given
3D movies from major studios will be available
w0mkjo.jpg

More where that came from here:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54405-3ds-e3-2010/
Also here, could a mod merge these?
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54404-the-nintendo-3ds/

iprice said:
Have to admit I like the look of the 3DS, but the Kid Icarus video showed very square polygons for the main characters and backgrounds. It's obvious this is more powerful than DS, but it's definitely seems less than GameCube, let alone Wii. However, this is only one video and still early days...

The nub was very Pandora-ish though... ;)

That was on a huge ass cinema screen. It'll look better on an actual (small) 3DS screen.

It'll look better on an actual (small) 3DS screen.
Obviously, but there's no hiding/disguising low polygon counts - even on a small screen. Blocky is blocky. Pitt's hands/fists were very square. Still looks fantastic though :)

Back