EDC, or what’s in your Pockets??

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
Whe would not wait for the Pyra if whe weren’t a bit strange, or a tiny bit Nerdy,
Some of us carry a half Office Everyday in they’re Pockets,
So what’s for you stuff you carry everyday, anyway if needed??
I have:
- Pandora
- Small USB 3 Hub
- Roll On Cable whit USB to Micro USB and Adapter USB C and Apple Lighting
- a 32 gb USB Stick
- a tiny USB Mouse
- a small 6000 mah Powerbank
- a Lightning to Headphone Jack Adapter
- some EarPods (whit Cable) (for the Pandora)
- a Headphone Extendion Cable (as Adapter for the Pandora)
- A small Flashlight
- a Victorinox Mini Champ
- Keys
- a Small Wallet
- a Leatherman Free P4 Multitool
- Apple IPhone XR
- AirPods 1st gen
- EBook Reader Kindle Oasis 2
- a small Notebook (a real Paper Notebook not the Computer)
- Touchscreen Stylus
- a Ball Pen whit a air pressure System that’s writes everywhere (in Space, under water, over head, etc
- and 2 Buffs: on to wear under my Hat, and the other as Scarf or how this is called

If I'm taking my bag, it contains an A4 hardback notebook (mainly for rigidity), rainproof folding coat, compact umbrella, with a pen and headphone case (essential if you don't want them to end up a tangled mess) in a side pocket.

In my pockets I have my keys and phone, and also my wallets (cards/notes and coins) if I'm going to be spending anything, which is almost all of the time unless I'm going for a walk in the wilds around here. If I'm going for a walk I'll usually carry a bottle of water with ice cubes in during the summer months, when hydration and cooling are more important.

Other stuff like a heavy winter coat, scarf and wooly hat I wear rather than carry, although I may end up carrying them if I've accidentally gone out overdressed I guess.

If my Pandora still worked I'd probably have that in my bag as well. I mainly used that for listening to podcasts later in its lifespan, but I now do that on my phone since upgrading to one with a proper 3.5mm jack in it. I'm unsure yet whether I'll go back to using my handheld for podcasts when I get my Pyra; certainly a proper audio player like deadbeef has a lot less foibles than the player on my phone. And if I'm going somewhere where I'm going to be spending a lot of time waiting, I might take my currently book as well, although I can't listen to oral podcasts while reading, yet I can normally listen to music at the same time.

I hate carting loads of stuff about the place so I usually just have keys, money, and my mobile phone with me. Today was a bit of a exception though due to me being out and about for most of the day, so I ended up with the items listed above plus food, drink, a camera, one of my pocket watches, bus tickets, and since it was raining, sunglasses.

Typically: Keys, wallet, Samsung 2370 cell phone (unfortunately recently fell from a window to concrete and LCD got 3 vertical lines on it - seriously). If space is sufficient - GPD Win (first) as temporary Pyra replacement. Sometimes any USB flash drive and at least 3 pieces of paper with different notes.

In a "strange things" series:
- A string-closed bag with a few jumpers in wallet. Saved me lots of times, I work with older machines.

I used to carry a lot around, nowadays i often have nothing, not even keys.
But usually its just an old nokia and some headphone to play audobooks and a random film camera in case i see something cool.

Galaxy note 3, din a6 notebook, mechanical pencil with retractable tip.
Redundancy, I guess. And the feel of pencil on paper beats the best of digitizers.

Im change my EDC because this Leatherman Free P4 is Great, but not really lawfriendly because the One Hand Open Blade,
So I’m now try to carry just a Swiss Army Knife, the Cybertool L, which got the same Bit Driver as the Swisschamp XLT, but it’s a bit smaller, but still not the smallest SAK
ac776fad97287410b1d8bd9e918b6bee.jpg

Whit best regards, Matthias

Reactions: rSl
Love the Cybertool L, the bit driver has been very useful over the years. I recently had mine upgraded - small blade swapped out for the small blade from the Electrician model, added a magnifying glass with a brass bevel, brass pivot replaced with hardened steel, scales replaced with titanium. Now it's perfect, at least for me.

Love the Cybertool L, the bit driver has been very useful over the years. I recently had mine upgraded - small blade swapped out for the small blade from the Electrician model, added a magnifying glass with a brass bevel, brass pivot replaced with hardened steel, scales replaced with titanium. Now it's perfect, at least for me.

Picture or is not true !

I'll have to find somewhere to host a picture, and take one with my phone this afternoon.

Hey I found my Huntsman Light, the smallest Plus Scales SAK I have, and the Cybertool doesn’t look that much bigger ^^
b1d9036e2922d3f87ed77f9768ec72ee.jpg

e0aef0672cfa1beca8afac83c7eb817a.jpg

Whit best regards, Matthias

That XLT is a real beast. Pocket carry would probably be uncomfortable. A picture of my modded Cybertool L is below:

CybertoolL.jpg

Last edited:
Whe would not wait for the Pyra if whe weren’t a bit strange, or a tiny bit Nerdy,
Some of us carry a half Office Everyday in they’re Pockets,
So what’s for you stuff you carry everyday, anyway if needed??
I have:
- Pandora
- Small USB 3 Hub
- Roll On Cable whit USB to Micro USB and Adapter USB C and Apple Lighting
- a 32 gb USB Stick
- a tiny USB Mouse
- a small 6000 mah Powerbank
- a Lightning to Headphone Jack Adapter
- some EarPods (whit Cable) (for the Pandora)
- a Headphone Extendion Cable (as Adapter for the Pandora)
- A small Flashlight
- a Victorinox Mini Champ
- Keys
- a Small Wallet
- a Leatherman Free P4 Multitool
- Apple IPhone XR
- AirPods 1st gen
- EBook Reader Kindle Oasis 2
- a small Notebook (a real Paper Notebook not the Computer)
- Touchscreen Stylus
- a Ball Pen whit a air pressure System that’s writes everywhere (in Space, under water, over head, etc
- and 2 Buffs: on to wear under my Hat, and the other as Scarf or how this is called

Jeez that's a lot.

keys
Wallet
Cosmo Communicator

Last edited:
Since my first Post, there was a bit of change to my Pocket EDC, par exemple i ditnt carry a Mouse or a Hub whit me anymore, but i think i will post a updatet Version (maybe whit Picture) as far as i have my Pyra

And your Custom CT looks pretty cool Lanboy ^^

I swapped the Preeused Bits and Scale Tools from my Swisschamp to the Cybertool, because then i have some unused spares on stock..

I think whe should move the Discussion about how good my Pyra fits in my Pocket to this thread rather of the thread where the topic was when do you get your order mail..

So now i have the Pyra instead of the Pandora in my Pocket, the Cybertool L in a Leathercase on the Belt, and maybe other things..

I think it might be time to make some update:
- Pyra whit a Rom and DBP SD Card, and another SD Card whit Bookworm Image (maybe extendet to whole SD Card Size?)
- E-Book Reader
- Iphone XR
- Airpods Pro 2 (works whit Iphone, Ipad, Switch, Steamdeck, Pyra and PSVITA, but sadly not whit XBOX, 2DS or Analogue Pocket)
- 128 gb USB Stick whit USBA and USBC End
- Gloves, 2 Buffs,
- Olight Warrior Mini 3 Flashlight
- 6000mah Powerbank and RollonCable whit USB Micro, USB C and Apple Lightning
- Pen and Notebook, Keys, Pocket Tovels (Tempo)
- and now a Victorinox Swisschamp whit Blue + Scales (Pen and Needle)

I changed the Fire Steel (Fero Rod) to a Zippo Lighter whit an Electric Arc Insert, so i want need Fuel ..

Back