Egoboo Cramfs

Vimacs

Don't be evil!
Website
Visit site
I got annoyed by the 130mb egoboo took on my sd card so heres a version where all the data files are compressed with the magical cramfs. Its only 12mb now.
download
Pleas leave some feedback if/how it runs.

all hail for the magic orkie for the magical magicnes he is.

¿130? Only 33 megas or so in my SD, but it tooks like 20 minutes to install using a usb-reader :D

hm for me it takes 130 mb as it is many small files, im talking about "size on disc" here.
egoboo.png

its even worse on this 2gb card :-/

Thanks for this Vimacs, I finally gave it a whirl. It's much faster than what I expected, too bad it crashes my unit after a minute or so of play. I recall this being an issue with the 940 being overclocked too high?

For me it takes exactly 30.5 in PC and in SD card.
It´s strange.

Alex. said:
Thanks for this Vimacs, I finally gave it a whirl. It's much faster than what I expected, too bad it crashes my unit after a minute or so of play. I recall this being an issue with the 940 being overclocked too high?
exactly, open the egoboo.gpe and change
./load940 gpu940
to
./load940 gpu940_225

i just uploaded another version with a egoboo_safe.gpe that does exactly that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this only a Game compression for Download reasons or will the zillions od diles of the game used as playable compressed container format? So we only have to copy a hand full of files onto SD while the game uses the container to put all needed files from.
Would be the easiest way I think. I just put egoboo back on SD, when it has a container format for his files.

fusion_power said:
Is this only a Game compression for Download reasons or will the zillions od diles of the game used as playable compressed container format? So we only have to copy a hand full of files onto SD while the game uses the container to put all needed files from.
Would be the easiest way I think. I just put egoboo back on SD, when it has a container format for his files.
It effectively uses cramfs as a container format, yes. That way you get from hundreds of files to about 5 I think in this case :).

Vimacs said:
actually its 17 instead of 4799 :)
Nice. :)

I should test the new version. I only had a quick look at the first release, without light effects. And somehow the gameplay itself is not the real burner but maybe I played it wrong, I don't know. ^^"""" Is the game just a gfx demo or a finished one? I had missed fun inside for example.

Vimacs said:
I got annoyed by the 130mb egoboo took on my sd card so heres a version where all the data files are compressed with the magical cramfs. Its only 12mb now.
download
Pleas leave some feedback if/how it runs.

all hail for the magic orkie for the magical magicnes he is.

Your module for cramfs are very easy to use, it's possible use them in gpl game software ?
If yes, do I need to include the sources ?

I'm not a god in GPL license :unsure:

They are not mine i grabbed them from the archive, but modules have any effect on your source as they are completely separate bin's.

Back