EL backlight - White LED backlight

King Sumo

Still Fresh
Hi,

There is any way to install an EL backlight into the GP32?
( like as in the HP Palmtop - http://www.daniel-hertrich.de/backlight/install/ )
Look at the install procedure at the link above...
Im dont have a GP32 yet - anyone has disassembled one?
Another aternative is install a White LED backlight...
(I have no idea if there is enought space...)

[ ]' s
Sumo

PS. maybe there is a way to replace the default Graphic Display (with another one with White LED backlight...)

There is no way to install a backlight, The TFT screen will not let light pass through the screen, it REFLECTS light, hence the only real working option is a FRONTlight.

there is no way to install a backlight, i tried <_< the problem is that it is reflective and such, meaning that behind the lcd there is a reflective material that reflects light entering from the front...you would have to remove the reflective material in order to do this which would probobly ruin the lcd :(

the gp32 uses a 50 pin lcd connector as most pocket pc's do, i think that you could use the lcd from, say, an ipaq in a gp32 with only slight modification to the case ;)

I actually took apart my gp32 lastnight and used a very bright light (wasn't bright enough as u guess) but i got to project the gp32 screen onto the wall :D

it looks sooo cool but it's 2 dull :( i need to find a real cheap gp32 prob a broken case or buttons etc then i can take the refluctive film off so i can make my gp32 projector ^_^

:ph34r:

Back