BACKLIGHT KIT FOR EXISTING GP OWNERS???

Status
Not open for further replies.

P64IMP

Still Fresh
:blink: :angry: :( having bought my gp32 almost a year ago, i once again come back to the question: "where the heck is a afterburner kit for my gp32???" :angry: when i first bought it i read a topic on lik-sang, gpxtreme, and others claiming a afterburner kit is being made soon for the gp....a year later i begin to speculate. and what is this that gp's are bein sold now w/backlight MODS...and yet that kit is not sold to the public? is this a push to get more units out to take advantage of peeps like me that buckle under the desperation of waiting, and finally shoot the wad? well my gp is an awesome sys, but i never use it due to the lak of light. in fact, i have gone to the enemy: the gba sp due to the backlight (not to mention size). i would like to, at this point, get on my knees and beg Craig of gbax.com first of all to help us out there. we all know u have the kits for your mods, and yet u don't sell them to the public. i have read msg boards where the ? arises every now and again on "where is the kit at for the rest of us that alread have a gp32?" and there is never a reply to that ?. and secondly, I WOULD LIKE TO ASK THE REST OF YOU, IF YOU FIND A PLACE WHERE THIS BACKLIGHT KIT IS OFFERED, POST A URL...WE WILL JUST HAVE TO TAKE OUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE. for somthing so simple in design, a tidy profit is to b made for places like gbax....but the lack of timelyness might loose thier gains to another competitor, as i, like many others, am :blink: quite tired of waiting! :angry: :( :( :( :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

ME TOO!!!! I want the backlight. But good news, I found this site...LCD backlights. They seem to have what we want. Look, it has a backlight that is 3.5 in, like the GP32 screen. What do yall think of it?

does look good...however it's one of those sites that likes to bragg about what they have, but have no info on purchase...prolly set up for bulk sales :( that won't help us out much :(

has anyone tried a gba afterburner kit on the gp32? i don't understand why it wouldn't work...so the screen is a bit smaller...i assume somthing is better than nothing. am i right? please fill me in on this.

I WANT MY BACKLIGHT, AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :blink: :angry:

zboy9 posted on May 17 2003 said:
ME TOO!!!! I want the backlight. But good news, I found this site...LCD backlights. They seem to have what we want. Look, it has a backlight that is 3.5 in, like the GP32 screen. What do yall think of it?
refering to your SIG:

I just got back from Okinawa. But I really live in Osaka. My girlfriend's brother has a GP32 and lives in Naha still.. so you dont have to be lonely ;)

can you speak japanese?

I hope you are not military. :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:

How much are THEY gonna be though!!!!???

Craigx of www.gbax.com should get the FLU kits sometime this month :)

TFC

There is no other place selling them, it isn't Craig keeping us out of the loop just to make money. IF anyone is doing that, it is Gamepark itself trying to move units. But to be honest, there was enough of a demand for FLU lighted units that they probably just started making those first and are waiting until the demand wears down enough to produce the DIY kits.

Arutha posted on May 17 2003 said:
There is no other place selling them, it isn't Craig keeping us out of the loop just to make money. IF anyone is doing that, it is Gamepark itself trying to move units. But to be honest, there was enough of a demand for FLU lighted units that they probably just started making those first and are waiting until the demand wears down enough to produce the DIY kits.
i begg to differ w/that....craig obviousely has the kits to mod gp's with...as he is the one providing the backlights. he should have the means to market those kits as well...all i can think of is: #1. he is pared up w/nanotech for the lights, and they were the ones boasting to be the only co that produced an effective backlight. if anyone remembers though, it took them FOREVER to release one. if their timeliness speaks anything of their productiveness, maby they are simply not producing the kits fast enough for craig to have any left over for kits. or #2...my original theory...more money to be made off the system combo alone. which ever it is, you be the judge. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
i begg to differ w/that....craig obviousely has the kits to mod gp's with...as he is the one providing the backlights. he should have the means to market those kits as well...

Actually, selling something doesn't mean you make it... if it did, then there's be no such thing as newsagents. Especially since I've heard Crag say on many occasions that the GP32s arrived with FLUs on - hence the initial set of faulty ones and his saying (or something like it)
I'm really pissed off with Gamepark at the moment... we just tested the first 3... after that they evidently didn't have them
just after he got a bunch of "FLU" units in that actually were normal GP32s.

Selling the things doesn't mean he has them. And frankly, if you think that, you're a complete idiot; at least commercially.

Craig's doing a great job, and I personally will thump anyone who says otherwise over the head with a fresh salmon!

@P64IMP

Please back off of Craigx.. making judgements about something like this without the slightest shred of proof is just careless. Even if craig is assembling the GP32's himself (and not getting them pre-assembled), there's a difference between assembling them raw in shop and developing a kit that any Joe Schmuck can put together.

And I'm sorry, but it's a stupid theory too... how many people would buy two GP32's just to have a backlight in one of them? :huh: It doesn't make any sense. The kit is going to probably cost as much as the (GP32+Backlight) minus the GP32. About 50 bucks. If he had the proper kits he could have been selling them over a month ago and be making some nice dough.

Looks like it's out of our hands.. there's no conspiracy going on (unless you can prove it), so sit back, relax and see what happens! :D

@P64IMP

Please back off of Craigx.. making judgements about something like this without the slightest shred of proof is just careless. Even if craig is assembling the GP32's himself (and not getting them pre-assembled), there's a difference between assembling them raw in shop and developing a kit that any Joe Schmuck can put together.

Yes my sentiments exactly, Leave craig alone. :angry:

@esoteric_, I suppose this is a case of mouths in drive before brains in gear. :D :D :D

I bought my gp32 off of craig, and I will continue to do so. I will recomend him to anyone who asks me. I dont know about you people, but I am a satisfied customer.

I'm locking this for the following reasons:

1. You are ignorant, for a start if you had read up on the backlights you would have realised they come from Gamepark directly, no kits.

2. Do you think that if Craig had backlight kits or info he wouldn't tell us?? Why the hell would he do that, to lose money?

3. This has been asked before many times, and Craig has responded with "soon" every time. Again, if he has info, he would post it to generate publicity/sales I expect.

4. You lost me with the "I'll take my business elsewhere" line and the fact you attempted to colour your entire post in red.

To sum up - this isn't GBAX support, if you have to bitch, do it on their customer support lines and maybe make them some money listening to your whining. You'll certainly get to Craig faster if you do that.

- Rico

@P64IMP

I think it's a good idea to bear in mind what damage you can do to a small business like Craig's by spouting stuff like that. He has obviously never directly done anything to you, so next time, think about the fact that you could contribute to him going under :( , leaving the UK without a good supplier who's well into the scene and enthusiastic about it all.

Think before you post....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back