Embed Cues In Skins

mtaylor

Still Fresh
After trying out the liqido skin, I have taken away one key feature that adds to the usability of the gp2x for new users and should be incorporated into other skins as well:

Cues are embedded in the skin such as "Press Y to change", which clues in the user that pressing Y will change the playback mode on the video screen

In the Explorer screen, it has these cues as well, "Y=Change Mode, Select=mark/unmark, A=confirm action"

All in all, this is good UI design, kudos to the liquido author!

That's actually a great idea, kudos from me as well :) It's still bugging me that the Start/Select have Play/Stop symbols engraved on them yet their use in the music and video players are quite different (offtopic)

- Alex

Indeed... the start / select play / stop buttons are misleading, but the manufacture supplied applications all have a pretty consistent UI, and button layout, but homebrew apps I've used are all over the place in terms of UI.

I feel that there needs to be some standardization for apps on the gp2x. (or at least give us visual clues in the apps as to what does what)

Back