Release Emu EX Plus Alpha ported to the Pandora

snes9x ex is working really good @ 950mhz w/ frameskip 1

need to play around with it more, but I always liked how every hotkey and setting is configurable so I can finally set the menu button to spacebar in all my emulators if I want ;)

I also like how my video/audo settings "stick" globally so once I find a group of setting I like it will always remember them in every game. Auto save sram/sstate on exit are also awesome features.

thanks so much for this

Last edited by a moderator:
Added Gameboy Advanced to first post.

Tested a bit, looks ok (but not sure it's fully stable, I had one segfault, but I O/C too much maybe).

Wow, awesome, thhanks a lot.

Just some quick suggestions:

* Package default button config for Pandora into the emulator

* Make the GUI font smaller.

* Use keyboard to jump to game in menu

All emus running nicely so far, especially like the scanline filter :)
For default button config, I'll think about it for build 03.

For GUI font, I'm not sure it's esealy doable. Also, the font is big enough to use GUI with fingers, not sure it will still be possible with smaller font.

For keyboard in menu, it's already usable. The only key I didn't found is the "Up folder", in browsing mode. Not sure I understood the point.

For GUI font, I'm not sure it's esealy doable. Also, the font is big enough to use GUI with fingers, not sure it will still be possible with smaller font.
Someone is actually using the finger when he got a DPad? :D

For keyboard in menu, it's already usable. The only key I didn't found is the "Up folder", in browsing mode. Not sure I understood the point.
If I want to play Super Mario World, I usually type SU so that the list jumps down to that... as scrolling down that far (especially with such huge font) takes quite a while.

Someone is actually using the finger when he got a DPad? :D

>For keyboard in menu, it's already usable. The only key I didn't found is the "Up folder", in browsing mode. Not sure I understood the point.
If I want to play Super Mario World, I usually type SU so that the list jumps down to that... as scrolling down that far (especially with such huge font) takes quite a while.
Ah ok, I get it. Doesn't look like an easy addon, but it's sure a nice feature. I'll try, at least, to jump to first line with first letter. The GUI is very Android oriented, so not much keyboard shortcut.

What I'll also do is, when I have all emus working (I testing and packaging them one at a time, to be sure it works well), I'll send my diff to the author and ask him some of theses features.

Added Gameboy Advanced to first post.

Tested a bit, looks ok (but not sure it's fully stable, I had one segfault, but I O/C too much maybe).
Excellent! Will this finally be the first emulator that can handle the might Ms Pacman Maze Madness?

Edit: No. No it's not.

D.

Many thanks for these emulators ptitSeb!  Robert Broglia's emulators are second to none on Android.  If you're taking requests I'd love to see pce.emu next!  The SNES one was one of the reasons I was going to try and install Android on the Pandora but now there's no need.  Thank you!!

Good job getting these built for Pandora. I'm planning to address most of the GUI related issues mentioned in the near future (jump to a specific in the file browser, better font size control, etc). To go up a directory in the file browser with the keyboard, you need to push the Left Arrow :)

Also, I'm not sure if it's needed on Pandora, but I'm also writing code to handle evdev input devices so gampads and joysticks will work and have their own key profiles.

About the source code, you need to release it as soon as possible. Not only because of the GPL *.emu apps, but because I allow Snes9x to link to my EmuFramework and Imagine game engine via a GPL exception that only covers the source as-is for each release, not modified versions. If you plan on doing Snes9x EX releases, you'll need to send me the changes beforehand so I can OK them for the GPL exception.

Good job getting these built for Pandora. I'm planning to address most of the GUI related issues mentioned in the near future (jump to a specific in the file browser, better font size control, etc). To go up a directory in the file browser with the keyboard, you need to push the Left Arrow :)

Also, I'm not sure if it's needed on Pandora, but I'm also writing code to handle evdev input devices so gampads and joysticks will work and have their own key profiles.

About the source code, you need to release it as soon as possible. Not only because of the GPL *.emu apps, but because I allow Snes9x to link to my EmuFramework and Imagine game engine via a GPL exception that only covers the source as-is for each release, not modified versions. If you plan on doing Snes9x EX releases, you'll need to send me the changes beforehand so I can OK them for the GPL exception.
No prob, I'll do a git diff, and post it here. I'll also have to copy the .mk I've done for compiling from the Pandora itself (existing Pandora one was for cross-compiling).

I haven't modify the Emu code, only a few parts of Imagine.

i'll post that today.

Great project anyway !

PS: Ah yes, Left works well. Full DPad control ! :)

Here is the diffpandora.zip.

But I'm sorry that's hugly hacks, without proprer #ifdef :(

I wasn't sure on how to do that, and where to put defined at first... so I make it hugly. but it works  ;)

Attachments

• pandora.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 420
Added PCEngine / Turbografx 16 to first post.

Tried a few shoot'em up. Works great. Haven't tried CD, only Hucard.

confirmed the snesx port has stuttering sound at zero frameskip. why is that, since the other port we have on Pandora is usually full speed even at zero frameskip?

confirmed the snesx port has stuttering sound at zero frameskip. why is that, since the other port we have on Pandora is usually full speed even at zero frameskip?
Maybe the rendering via GLES is doing that. I have to do some perf analysis to answer.

*EDIT*: Nope, it doesn't look like that. Something is eating cpu cycles inside sn9x. Don't know for now what it can be.

Maybe the rendering via GLES is doing that. I have to do some perf analysis to answer.

*EDIT*: Nope, it doesn't look like that. Something is eating cpu cycles inside sn9x. Don't know for now what it can be.
Im happy with the way it is now but if you can make it run as well as snes9x4p then you would be my hero and then some

Runs great D pad fine but other buttons not working... can I configure those?

Runs great D pad fine but other buttons not working... can I configure those?
Yes, you have to setup the buttons by yourself. Go to "Input Device Setup", "Keyboard" and then "Joystick" (something like that).

Back