Release Emu EX Plus Alpha ported to the Pandora

Hi.. Just installed a few of these emulators.. They look great so far.. But..

Any reason why my menu font is garbled? I mean, certain letters are all messed up!! Its not unresdable but weird is all.

Thanks

Sent from my A500 using the cli.
Hum, I have no garbled font on my pandoras. Are you using some non default SGX Driver ?

I have an 1ghz unit, my font is also garbled sometimes.

It happens mostly when i scroll trough the menu's.

Hum, I have no garbled font on my pandoras. Are you using some non default SGX Driver ?
You don't? I also always had them on every emulator. Standard OS, non-changed driver.
Hum, I don't have (yet) a gigaherz pandora. On both CC & Rebirth, I have no problem with fonts. But it may be due to nower hardware revision on Gigahertz Pandora.

its still perfectly readable just has lil bits of distortion in the text for all the .emu emulators on 1ghz. its totally not a problem it's barely even an inconvenience, dont lose any sleep over it

I get the exact same thing as Monkfish has described...a very minor nuisance if anything.  1 Ghz here...everything stock.

I have received my 1Ghz, but I'm not at home until end of week. I look at that the week end I think.
Tnx for your efforts, i really like having a set of uniform emulators.

Small feature request if possible, and willing to do it:

In some of the menu's, such as when browsing directory's, i can use the left direction button to go back to the previous directory. 

However, when i am in the options, pressing left does not return to the previous screen.

Could you make it so that no matter where you are in the emulator, that pressing left will always return to the previous screen?

Maybe you can also make it so that pressing the right direction button will access the highlighted option/directory.

I would find this very convenient :)

Cheers for the C64.

BTW - How do you get back to the menu without having to go through the "Do you want to quit?" dialogue?

Cheers for the C64.

BTW - How do you get back to the menu without having to go through the "Do you want to quit?" dialogue?
I don't think there is a shortcut for that. I have to look.
Maybe you can assign the menu to the space button?

Many emulators for the Pandora do the same thing.

Also currently The L (not the shoulder button, but the keyboard) button is mapped to load a new rom, from there you can use the touchscreen to go back to the menu, but a direct button mapped to space would be more convenient.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a big deal, just thought it'd feel a little "cleaner" :) Thanks

The space button is verry important for me.

It's so uncomfortable to press L to go into load rom menu and then navigate back to main menu.

Make space go into main menu would be great.

Prometheus asked me to pass along some kind words and a request, so here goes:

--

Excellent work on this! I've been using Snes9x EX, and MD.emu (the latter for Master System emulation, for which it is the best on the Pandora, once you get used to the slightly unusual menu system :p ).

I just had a couple of comments which I've asked skeezix to pass along for me;

Firstly, just a small suggestion: Please make the default audio setting 32KHz in Snes9x EX - this is what the SNES itself actually used. ;)

Secondly, and the bigger comment: The 1.53 version of Snes9x EX runs Star Fox correctly, speed-wise, with a bit of overclocking (at last, perfect Star Fox on the Pandora, instead of double-speed!). However, when using frameskip, which is necessary for this game, objects on-screen leave massive trails, which is game-breaking for obvious reasons. I promised $20 or $25 for Star Fox to be made to work properly on the Pandora during my time in the community, and I fully intend to make good on that. If/when this rendering bug is fixed, please ask skeezix to pass along a PayPal address to me, and I'll send it to you. Alternatively, if you prefer, I could donate that amount to the pre-order fund, instead. :p

Thanks a bunch for the great work!

All the best,

--Prometheus

Back