Emu

kaisan

Still Fresh
My gameboy advance broke :blink: . Instead of buying another one,i am going to buy a gp32. I was wondering do it play gameboy abvance games (everyone?) ?I have this question because when i look under emulators i see gameboy/color.Not advance.

As of now, no, the GP32 can't play GBA games, but people are working on it, but don't hold your breath. :(

Well, as far as I'm aware, one is being worked on, but prob won't b relased til its perfected.

Might be a long time, but none are out for the GP32 as yet.

The GP32 can play some GBA games...that is if you get ur hands on the private beta(you wont) that runs a few games at a very slow pace. Don't expect great GBA emulation at all or any time soon atleast

There's at least 1 being worked on, but the general feeling is that whilst we might get full speed without sound, we prolly won't get it with. And even then, we're limited to 4megabyte roms (that's 32Megabit to those who're scanning rom-sites - a MBit is 1/8 of an Mbyte). That is about half the games for the GBA to be fair, but not everything.

If it runs full speed without sound then that's brilliant, GBA sound is totally crap.

Anyways, who needs a GBA emulator seeing as all it does is play old snes games :p

nah, the gba is only good on the gba...its not fun at all playing a gba on anything else like a computer or xbox or gp32.

nah, the gba is only good on the gba...its not fun at all playing a gba on anything else like a computer or xbox or gp32.
I could not see there being a difference, apart from the GFX being streched out and bit blockyer on the GP32's larger screen. Otherwise it would be exactly the same experinace i would imagine... hand held games on a hand held system :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
you just dont get the same feel playing a handheld game on another system than what its supposed to. i dont like the feeling of playing goldensun on computer, or mario advance on xbox.

Thats because your playing it minus the novelty of it being handheld (i assume). The reason we put up with 16 bit GFX on the GBA is because its portable if we got 16bit GFX on an xbox we would want our money back. Apart from the joy stick and the screen i would imagine that you would forget what machine your even playing on while playing GBA on GP32. Personaly GBA isnt a big deal for me it brings up the whole " shouldnt be copying comercial games" Vs "No way should nintendo be charging top whack for its SNES ports". Id much rather have the SNES any way.

Back