Emulation On The Nand Memory

Vynx

Right, this is a little tricky. I've been trying to get emulation running on my NAND memory on my GP2X, but only one system so far is working - the Nes.

I'm using the Nes emulator GPFCE, and by simply changing the config file to this:

/mnt/nand/roms/nes/

From this:

/mnt/sd/roms/nes/

I can get it working perfectly - but when I try it with any other config file - for the snes emulator squidgesnes for example, it doesn't work. Anybody know why? I had to return my SD card because it was damaged, so for now it'd be nice if I could still run emulation on my system while I wait for it to be replaced.

Just for clarifcation, my setup is this:

H:/roms/nes

and so on so forth for each system type, but I still can't get megadrive or snes emulation to work.

I know the GPFCE gives me that error that it can't read the config file every time I exit out to select a new ROM. Right now I just live with it, although it makes my GP2X obscenely bright and I need to restart it in order to actually stand it.

Some emulators have to store to the SD card. Emulators like the newest Dr. MD and SquidgeSNES store wherever the main executable is.

Dr. MD, however, has to look in /mnt/sd/roms/megadrive. It's the way the emulator is. If you have a hex editor, change the ROM path. Search for "/mnt/sd/roms/megadrive" and replace it with "/mnt/nand/roms/genesis", or you can try using the file I modded, here: http://www.waste-solutions.us/~jdel/DrMDx.gpe (I'm taking no responsibility in anything broken, all I know is in theory it should work.)

SquidgeSNES, change the line "loadrom = /mnt/sd/roms/snes". You might need to tinker with the checkbox that sets the file path for you in SquidgeSNES.

GNGeo checks in the folder it's at. Gnuboy2X will as well, depending on how the config is set up.

I know the GPFCE gives me that error that it can't read the config file every time I exit out to select a new ROM. Right now I just live with it, although it makes my GP2X obscenely bright and I need to restart it in order to actually stand it.

Some emulators have to store to the SD card. Emulators like the newest Dr. MD and SquidgeSNES store wherever the main executable is.

Dr. MD, however, has to look in /mnt/sd/roms/megadrive. It's the way the emulator is. If you have a hex editor, change the ROM path. Search for "/mnt/sd/roms/megadrive" and replace it with "/mnt/nand/roms/genesis", or you can try using the file I modded, here: http://www.waste-solutions.us/~jdel/DrMDx.gpe (I'm taking no responsibility in anything broken, all I know is in theory it should work.)

SquidgeSNES, change the line "loadrom = /mnt/sd/roms/snes". You might need to tinker with the checkbox that sets the file path for you in SquidgeSNES.

GNGeo checks in the folder it's at. Gnuboy2X will as well, depending on how the config is set up.

Sadly I couldn't get it to work, thanks for trying though :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back