Emulation Support

Azalin

What was that? It sounded like a, a sound of some
Website
www.loremaster.a-host.info
Not being adept at speaking or reading japanese, i recently tried to load up the translated starocean rom in SquidgeSnes. Not having anything but a black screen, i tried Bahamut Lagoon instead. Still no luck. Even tried translated FF3 in NES emulator. No luck. No luck with phantasy star 4 in genesis either.

So my humble (or not so) request: Is there any way for emulators to support roms that have been translated by fans? Forgive me if i ask the impossible, as i cannot code so i would not know the difficulties imposed by fan-hacked rom files.

Possible? Yes? No?

Well they should work just like any normal ROM (the header may be incorrect due to the changes, but I've never come across an emulator which doesn't ignore that anyway).

Star Ocean is impossible to emulate at the moment anyway. It makes use of the DSP chip and that is probably not going to be emulated for a long time (if at all). Bahamut Lagoon should work, but real slow. I think I played it before but it was pretty much unplayable.

xnopasaranx posted on Sep 4 2006 at 05:31 AM said:
Star Ocean is impossible to emulate at the moment anyway. It makes use of the DSP chip and that is probably not going to be emulated for a long time (if at all). Bahamut Lagoon should work, but real slow. I think I played it before but it was pretty much unplayable.

I have a working special ZSNES build for star ocean.... it slowed down my P3 500 MHz a hell of a lot =D

It works fine when I upgraded however...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well yeah, I meant not on the gp2x... forgot to mention that :D

Use Fusoya's Lunar IPS Patch Tool with the .ips file you want to patch with on a completely clean version of the rom. Usually on download sites denoted with [!] after the name.

Can anyone tell me if Tales of Phantasia works and other 6MB roms either? I understand that SDD-1 isnt emulated (so that counts out SO, Far East of Eden, SF2 Alpha etc) , but what about other DSP type games like Starfox, Mario Kart, Megaman X etc..

I'm on a business trip soon, and a GP2X might be on my budget :) :)

Back