Encapsulation of Java Apps - Easy as Pie!

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
Here's our latest "porting" article on PandoraLive. Well it's not so much about porting in the case of java apps, hence the use of the term "encapsulation".

Here's the full how-to:

http://www.pandoralive.info/?p=787

capsules.png

What size (dimensions) should the icon png file have?

Also, if the app I want to encapsulate does not allow to be redistributed, how do I make the PND so it looks for the jar file in the app's appdata folder?

1.) Up to 128x128px any bigger is waste of space imho.

2.) You could make a startupscript that calls java -jar /mnt/utmp/yourpndname/yourprogram.jar .

Then it starts a jarfile called yourprogram.jar that is in the appdatadirectory.

I have no clue how to install and set it up... both on the Panda and the mac I keep getting the message "bash: git: command not found". On the mac I installed Git Hub, but still no results.

Basically, I don't have a clue on how to get git working on either OS. For starters.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no clue how to install and set it up... both on the Panda and the mac I keep getting the message "bash: git: command not found". On the mac I installed Git Hub, but still no results.

Basically, I don't have a clue on how to get git working on either OS. For starters.
You have installed git hub that only allows to use git with Git Hub GUI interface, not command line ;)

Here is the link of git mac binaries, you'll just have to install it.

If you don't want to have command line git client, navigate to libpnd's github repository on you browser, click on the [ Clone in Mac] button. That will launch Git Hub client and ask you where you want the repository to be cloned.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have installed git hub that only allows to use git with Git Hub GUI interface, not command line ;)
If the Mac GitHub is anything like the Windows one, you'll be able to launch a commandline/shell/terminal from the GUI

I don't think it's like the windows one, because there is no terminal button or link on the GUI (ohhh, there may be something that looks like it … [install Command Line Launcher]?).

I think there are two "best" ways of getting command line git on Mac, installing XCode that comes with it (1.7.something), or getting the binaries package and install it ^^

Since it's a .pkg, it's an automatic installation, it'll only ask for the admin password because it's installing git for all the users.

Thanks, with your help I managed to get git working and to clone the scripts to my mac.

Where does the Java pnd installs the java libraries?

I'm getting this:

\E[31mERROR: Could not find the program 'mkisofs'. Please make sure
that it is available in your PATH since it is required to complete your request.

I'm getting this: \E[31mERROR: Could not find the program 'mkisofs'. Please make surethat it is available in your PATH since it is required to complete your request.
If you ar still on your mac, there might be no mkisofs...

You can search for a mac version or do the packaging on Pandora with mounted code::blocks pnd

I'm getting this: \E[31mERROR: Could not find the program 'mkisofs'. Please make surethat it is available in your PATH since it is required to complete your request.
You can search for a mac version or do the packaging on Pandora with mounted code::blocks pnd
I try to run the code blocks command line and I get this:

ldconfig: /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.16-gdb.py is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

ldconfig: /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.17-gdb.py is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

ldconfig: /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/lib/libGLU.so.1 is not a symbolic link

ldconfig: /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/lib/libGL.so.1 is not a symbolic link

ldconfig: /usr/lib/libpnd.so.1 is not a symbolic link

ldconfig: /usr/lib/libGLES2D.so.1 is not a symbolic link

Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /mnt/utmp/codeblocks:/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/lib:/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/lib:/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/wx/lib:/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/wine/lib:/lib:/usr/lib

SSSSS%S;X;X;t%%tttttt;;;;;;::::::::.............:::::::;;;;;;tttttt%%%%XtXtXt@t@

SSSSSSSXtXt@Xt8t@t%X;S;tttttt;;;;;:::::::::::::;;;;;;ttttt%%%%%Xt@S%@X%%X%@%@S@t

SXSSS%StXSt%@t%%%S%t%%t%%%%ttttt;;;;;;;;%XtXtt;;;;ttttt%%%%SSSSX;t%S%X%@SXSX%@S@

SSSSSSSXtXXtS@%@t@%XtXtSt%t%@@: 8%.;%888@888@@@8Xt.;@8 ;XtXt@t%%@SSS%XStXtXSX%@S

XSXSSSt@XtXX%SXtS;%%S%%tS :t888@888888888888888888888888@@.8:-||%%%t%@%%@t@Xt@SX%8

XSSSSXXtXXtXX%XtX%@t8 S@88888888888888888888888888888X  :-||8888t8@S%SX%@%XSXt@XXX

XXXSSSSXtXXtX%SXt8  88888888888888888@88@8@8@8@8@ ;88::;S 8888888;8StXSXtXXX%@%@

XXSXSSSXXt@St@X@;8@8888888888@8@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@:;.8@:; 8t:8888888@S @SX%XXXX@X

XXXSXSSSXXt@X@888888888888@@8@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@X; SXS 8XX;;%888888888888S:t@%@XXSX

XXXXXSXSSSX% 888888888@8@@@@@@@@@X@X@XXXXXXXXX@%8t.:8.t88@X8888888888888t8@%@SXX

XXXXXXSSSS8.X8888888@@@@@@@@X@XXXXXXX@%88XXXXX8X@XX..@  X@@@@@@8888888888@:XSXXX

XXXXXXXSX8;8888888@@@@@@@XXXXXXXX8; t.@X .XXXXt@.XX:;@SSXXX@@@@@@8@88888888 XXXX

@X@XXXXXX:88888@@@@@@@@XXXXX%S%X8.:.. X8.X8SS8t88%88%t%XXXXXX@@@@@@888888888;%8@

@@XXXXXX888888@8@@@@XXXXX%@; %......  .X@: SS@X8:-||@  . %XXXXXXX@X@@@@@888888t8X@

@@@X@XXXX888@@@@@@XX@XX%%:-||S:   .  ....;t::.XX%@8X%888XSSXSXXXXX@X@@@@@888888:XX

@@@@X@X8@88@8@@@XX@XXXX%..::..    ..:::;S.8888@8;t%S%8%SSSXSXXXXX@X@@@@@88888@@@

@@@@@X@88@8@@@@X@XXXXSSXt;t; ......;@S8Xt;@8 8%%%%%%%%%SSSSSSSXXXXXX@@@@@@8888X@

@@@@@@@@8@@@@X@XXXXSXSSS%;..t8t8tt X88S88@SSS8Sttt%%%%%%S%SSSSSSXXXXXX@@@@@88 8@

8@@@@@@@S@@@@XXXXXSSSSSSS%.::8@S @@  %t@%;;::tXtt%t%t%%%%S%SSSSSSXXXXX@X@@@888@8

888@8@@@8@@XX@XXXSXSSSS%%%tX@8 8X S.8:-||@%SSX8X;Stttt%t%%%%%%%SSSSSXXXXX@@@@@ 888

88@8@8@@@t@XXXXXSSSSS%S%%%t@X8@8@.::::888:t%X8 8.;;;tttt%%%%%%SSSSSSXXXXX@@88888

88888@8@@S:8XXXSXSSS%S%%%ttt@t...;tt:;@S@X%S%S:X@8ttttttt%t%%%%SSSSXSXXX@X8@8888

8888888888@8tXXSSSS%S%%%%ttt%88::8XS@;;8@t8;.8t;;;;;;ttttt%%%%%%SSSSXSXXX @88888

8888888888@8@.;SSSS%%%%tt%tt;;@::8t8%t ;X %;:;:;:;;;;;tttttt%%%%S%SSSSXX88888888

888888888888@@8S8%%S%%%%ttt;t;;8:.:;.SSt..::::::::;;;;;;ttttt%%%%SSSX:tS88888888

88888888888888888 :-||%%ttttt;;;;:SS@X%t..:...:.:::::;;;;t;ttt%t%%%St8X@8888888888

������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������

���������������������������������������������������� ���������� ���   ����������������������������������������   ����������������������������������������������������������������������������

��� ������������������������������������ ������������������������ ����������   ���  ��� ��� ���������������������������   ���  ��� ���������������������������  ��� ��� ��� ������ ���������������

������������������������ ������������������������ ������������������������ ���   ��������������������������������� ������������   ��������������������� ������  ��������� ��� ��� ��� ��������������� ������

���   �������������������� ������� ��������� �������                                                       ���

���   ���������������� ��� ����������� ��� ���������                                                       ���

���   ��������������������������������������� ������������������                                                       ���

������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������

This is ok. I get it,too after giving the password for ldconfig.

You should get a command prompt afterwards though,

Well, I tried on my Pandora and got the same error with mkisofs.

I ended up using the -c command as a workaround.

It worked but the PND is not working, I gotta check everything again.

I have a question:

Does this lines in the run.sh should be exactly as they are?:

#!/bin/sh
export PATH="$PWD/bin:${PATH:-"/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/bin"}"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$PWD/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:-"/usr/lib:/lib"}"
export HOME="$PWD" XDG_CONFIG_HOME="$PWD"
export QTDIR="$PWD"

Or should I replace/adjust something?

Back