Encoding On 156mhz Gp32

PAUL103DOGS

Website
Visit site
How much better is the frame rate and video quality when running GPCinema at 156MHZ instead of 133MHZ? Because all the guides are running there GP32's at 133MHZ and i feel it can do better at 156MHZ. Also, can anyone tell me the best settings for running at 156MHZ please? thanks.

First of all, the GP Cinema cpu clock are 100, 120, 133, 150, 166 Mhz.

The best is to watch movie at 150 Mhz (a lot of GP32 can do it) with 18 fps, video bitrate at 128 kbps max with VirtualDub 1.5.10 (depending on the movie length), 40 kbps 20 050 Hz for sound (good quality on GP and not too heavy).

Use DIVX 4.12, it's better on GP (GP Cinema reads better DIVX than XVID, and XVID is more complicated to control) and you'll have the best quality films on your GP! ;)

Merry christmas! :)

PAUL103DOGS posted on Dec 24 2004 at 08:26 PM said:
I tried with Xvid and its full of problems when converting, DivX is much easier to convert with. Thanks for replies. :)
Exactly. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Drumaster posted on Dec 24 2004 at 08:34 PM said:
I tried with Xvid and its full of problems when converting, DivX is much easier to convert with. Thanks for replies.  :)
Exactly. ;)

I've been experimenting with video encoding. I can get almost full screen 25fps in xvid @ 166mhz. DivX is easier cos it doesn't have as many options, but I couldn't squeeze as much out.

Also, xvid looks great but breaks when you fast foward it on the gp32

so divx is a better idea, cause when you have a 90 minute movie, get to 80 minute mark, and batteries die, you can't just fast foward it to that spot, the sound is off by at least 1 minute.

If someone knows how to fix this, I am all ears.

Rik posted on Dec 24 2004 at 09:21 PM said:
Drumaster posted on Dec 24 2004 at 08:34 PM said:
I tried with Xvid and its full of problems when converting, DivX is much easier to convert with. Thanks for replies. :)
Exactly. ;)

I've been experimenting with video encoding. I can get almost full screen 25fps in xvid @ 166mhz. DivX is easier cos it doesn't have as many options, but I couldn't squeeze as much out.
Exactly, plus you can choose your final file size so you can squeeze as much quality onto the smc as you can.

Also, isn't xvid open source, making the source directly available to the coders of gp cinema and so I'd have thought that would be decoded better....

I always get much better results with xvid if you know what to do anyway. If you're new I'd start with divx and progress to xvid when you get the hang of converting more.

I always get better results with Divx on GP32 (not on PC) after making EVERY possible test. :)

The mystery of the GP32 lol

Octavious posted on Dec 28 2004 at 07:20 PM said:
ok, what Xvid codec??
and wher get it??
also, does Xvid compress better than Divx?

~Octavious
I'd download a small clip (I use the lobby scene in the matrix. Has some slower bit's and high action and sound to push test the gp :)) and mess about with it. This xvid build works with gpcinema.

hey dozer, I installed that fiel to the standard place on my C drive, checked VirtualDub , and the only codec ther was the Xvid mpeg 4 one
then I restart the computer and its still the only Xvid one??
any help one installing?

~Octavious

Back