Enigma and LateralGM

DrCJBoduma

Website
Visit site
Hi,+

Enigma was mentioned in a previous thread . Was just wondering if anyone has had a go getting it up and running on the Pandora. I managed to get the LGM bit working fine, but don't know where to start getting the enigma part working. (wiki install instructions for linux + Dependences )

Thanks

CJ

PS What has happened to the angstrom repo? (I just get a 404 page)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK I tried to get this working by myself and guess what.........I failed. I believe this is because I have no clue what I am doing and am blindly typing command line guesses like a room of infinite monkeys.

I managed to get the lateralGM part working with the command java -jar lgm16b4.jar and all goes well. I downloaded the enigma package using a git client and place the other 2 jar files in a plugin folder i created. when I try the java command with this set up though I get the following

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.lateralgm.main.Listener.getInstance()Lorg/lateralgm/main/Listener;

at org.enigma.EnigmaRunner.addResourceHook(EnigmaRunner.java:287)

at org.enigma.EnigmaRunner.<init>(EnigmaRunner.java:128)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:532)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:372)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:325)

at org.lateralgm.main.LGM.loadPlugins(LGM.java:330)

at org.lateralgm.main.LGM.main(LGM.java:484)

can anyone offer any advice? or am I completely off the mark?

I would be willing to offer a small bounty for anyone who could help getting this working

thanks

CJ

PS I also tried getting it up and running using pandebian (squeeze) but failed even to get java working with openjre

Hi,

A plea for help really, I have attached the files to try and get enigma up and running.

enigma-dev.zip

Included is a slightly modified LateralGM jar file, which removed the splashscreen which was giving some errors.

I have tried the following.

• To simple run the LateralGM jar file and let enigma do the compiling (Result: It crashed the panda)

Code:
java -jar lgm16b4.jar
  • To compile it manually first using the make command (seems to stall at various points)
  • Tried to get it working in PanDebian (Cannot get java work)

I've also tried to compile it manually using the toolchain (but didn't really know what I was doing)

If anyone can offer any help it would be very much appreciated

Thanks

CJ

Anyone care to offer any help advice

PS - See first post for link to any dependencies

Attachments

• enigma-dev.zip
    9.9 MB · Views: 1,001
My hopes rest on the one TWO person People who has downloaded the file. Come on mystery downloader, do me proud :)

CJ

PS I will readvertise my bounty offer (I say £20 to the person who can get it working) (if of course it can work - which is still something I am not too sure of)

PPS I will also give a special new "pandora boards achievement" for the first person to post in this topic apart from me :D

No real update, I have just missed posting in this thread :-D

Anyone know of a way I could use Ivanovic's toolchain to try and compile the game using the java command on my desktop PC?

Cheers

CJ

just downloaded and see the codeblock project inside...quickly set up and compiled..i managed to compile the standalone version of CompileEGMF.bin (.exe for windows)...i suspect this is the installer that work under win/linux/mac ( i think). Not sure if have any use for you...let me know.

I could take a look tomorrow after work....

just downloaded and see the codeblock project inside...quickly set up and compiled..i managed to compile the standalone version of CompileEGMF.bin (.exe for windows)...i suspect this is the installer that work under win/linux/mac ( i think). Not sure if have any use for you...let me know.

I could take a look tomorrow after work....
Thank you Farox for giving it some of your time. I'll be honest and say I'm not sure about the CompileEGMF.bin hopefully that is ok for the linux version. If you run the LateralGM jar file it is supposed to run the enigma add on which "should" then go on to compile itself (i think) but It just crashes my pandora.

Thanks again for your efforts and any further help would be very greatly appreciated

Cheers

CJ

I have looked at it again...this time i try to build the EnigmaEngine codeblock project, but this not compile as is.

Need some work , the Audio part (OpenAL or something else) need to be choised , also the platform implementation for Pandora need to be adapted from the others

(Iphone-Android for the GLES gfx part and Linux for the other part).

It need a work of a real programmer...so if someone would take a look at it i'll be happy.

Back