Entity Creating Problem

"We're sorry, but this page is currently unavailable for viewing. "

To view the image I had to go up one level (view the directory) and then click. <_<

The graphic is 24-bit, not rotated.

Some ideas of the code you're using would be useful ...
What colour depth is the screen you're using? (8/16 bits)
Are you reading in the .bmp then rotating the images and converting to GP32 colour-space?

Hope this helps you sort things out

To view the image I had to go up one level (view the directory) and then click. <_<

The graphic is 24-bit, not rotated.

Some ideas of the code you're using would be useful ...
What colour depth is the screen you're using? (8/16 bits)
Are you reading in the .bmp then rotating the images and converting to GP32 colour-space?

Hope this helps you sort things out
He's using Gigas engine.

Is the canvas size exactly the same size as the origional?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya kotd.

i can see two possible reason for the problem.

the first being the image is RGB colour, you need to convert it to 'indexed' colour (256) then set it to use the pallette included for gigas (pal.act) -

if your using photoshop:
image -> mode -> indexed -> custom, then select the pal.act

also the sprite file size has to be identical to that given in the blank demo template, so even if you've just created one sprite graphic, you must have lots of blank ones underneath so its the same size. or just paste that one you've made onto the top of the blank one.

hope that makes some sense

Hiya kotd.

i can see two possible reason for the problem.

the first being the image is RGB colour, you need to convert it to 'indexed' colour (256) then set it to use the pallette included for gigas (pal.act) -

if your using photoshop:
image -> mode -> indexed -> custom, then select the pal.act

also the sprite file size has to be identical to that given in the blank demo template, so even if you've just created one sprite graphic, you must have lots of blank ones underneath so its the same size. or just paste that one you've made onto the top of the blank one.

hope that makes some sense
Thanks pirotic ;) I'll give it another shot when i have some time. Ah I only have one character set. So I'll have to put blank ones beneath. and I'll do that indexed colour thing.
Thanks Again
Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem fixed thanks pirotic. I must say My optimus prime looks mighty fine. Now I will just have to wait till turn based is coded. Will gigas have support for more than one character in a party? Maybe like in FF7 where they aren't actually onscreen until a cutscene?
Thanks again

Back