Excuse me, but what is FLU?

DDRJared

Still Fresh
I am VERY interested in buying one of these things, I read alot about them on Lik-Sang. But I'm wondering the cheapest place to buy one, and What does FLU mean?

Thanks in advance guys. Or "Anyone who replies" for the politically correct.

EDIT:Am i understanding that some GP32's can Overclock faster then others? Or am I wrong?

FLU is Front Lit Unit, the GP with a light.

Some overclock more than others yes, mine can go up to 166mhz ON CERTAIN PROGRAMS, most I can consistantly go to is 156mhz, only 166mhz on some programs

So, is it just random on how high you can Overclock on some programs, or were GameParks that were made later etc. can overclock higher?

Does anywhere else sell these?Besides here and Lik-Sang

have you seen the game boy advance SP? same kind of lighting, pretty much
(not as good as backlighting, but also not anywhere near as battery consuming)

I think anyone who's seen a GP32 with a FLU, pretty much, would recommend it over the non-FLU.

Overclocking.. keep in mind this is something you don't mod your GP32 to do, it's on a per-program basis (there'll be an option to set to a different MHz within the program itself, if it supports overclocking)

look around the board archives if you've not done so already, there's tons of topics/polls where people talk about how high they could overclock to. It seems most can go to 156MHz, a lucky few can get up to 166 MHz, and a few unfortunates can't get higher than the 40's or even 133 (133 being the upper limit).

it looks as time is going on that the coders are trying to get fullspeed emulators without having to overclock, which is very good for everybody - overclocking eats up batteries faster and generally cuts down the lifespan of your unit, or so I'm told (though not to the point where I'd quit OC'ing right now, anyway)

I bought my GP32 from Craig at GBAX.COM, he posts semi-regularly on these boards + has contributed to the GP32 scene himself port-wise.. I ordered from Los Angeles, it got here in 1 week with no special shipping + was as cheap as anywhere else I'd been able to find it. Another bonus is that, I believe, GBAX.COM will actually pre-register your device for you (generally a bit if a pain-in-the-ass) so you can pretty much play it out of the box. No one else will seel you a new GP32 pre-registered.. (ah, but you'd be missing out on all the fun!!)

There's often people selling used models around here too, might want to go that route if you're looking to save some cash.

I'm considering buying a gp32 flu as well but in the Netherlands like nobody got one and my main reason to buy one is the movie player.

I read a couple of reviews, saw some vids (gp32 just simply roxx compared to the other handhelds (still luv ya ngpc :p))

But the reviews always tell me it plays movies (not the quality or anything)
Could you guys please tell me some more about the movie ability (quality/whats best/etc) of the gp32 (perhaps some vids :))

please honest answers and try to convince me :ph34r:

thanx...

for the sound its 44.1/22/11 KHz mono/stereo MP3 only
(Im using 11K/Mono(or stereo for movies)/16Kbits)
for the video its Divx 4.12 or XVid
You can go up to 30fps with a 166MHz and a 16/9 movie
(In fact its just depend on how height the file is....the smaller it is the more fps you get)
For example I made times ago "animtrix"
For the GP32 its a 320*128 @25fps running fine @133MHz

You really should buy this soft
Its not expensive at all....and really great

see you ;)

thx

most ppl only watch anime or cartoons on their gp32 right?

but some serious stuff like for example the matrix or lotr?? how will that be?

no one got a small vid like the ones on gp32spain but without a game but playing a movie :p

Back