Excuse Needed

crasherball

hi,
I have a big problem.
i had a required course at the university about a week ago.
but i simply forgot to go there ( I was reading about pandora all the time lol )

at that time I said that I was ill, and couldnt be attending, after I realized that I missed the course.

but now the dean sent me an email and asking for an official statement about why I didnt attend.....

and now I'm really fucked up.
what should I say? :-S

unfortunatly I didnt get any kind of certificate from my doctor.
so I'm really in trouble now.

what can I say I was doing?
stomachache ? :blink:

any ideas? please help!

How about telling the truth? You might come across as a lazy slacker, but at least you'll be setting their expectations at the right level :p

cant :D
I already told the first guy I was sick, so theyre gonna kill me.

and they dont give a damn about the truth. theyre all kinda bureaucratic over here u know

Crasherball said:
and dont give a damn about the truth. theyre all kinda bureaucratic over here u know
A job in politics awaits you my friend. If you're also inbred and a criminal, you could go far!

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, sorry, that was a typo, I ment

"and THEY dont give a damn about the truth"

I'm not that big of an asshole :D

Just tell them you had a bad case of the runs and couldn't leave your home. :)

lol, ya i just did that :D

I told him that I had some kind of gastro-intestinal diseases :D

idk, worst case: hes gonna kick my butt from the uni....

then I'll have more time for my Pandora lol

Since when do universities take attendance? Sounds ridiculous, besides, was it a one-day course or just one lecture that you missed?

ya it is kinda redic

it was a 2-day-course
i attended to the first
but the second (which was weeks later) i missed

Alex. said:
Since when do universities take attendance? Sounds ridiculous, besides, was it a one-day course or just one lecture that you missed?
Attendance actually counted as 20% of the final grade for one of my uni courses. It was unspeakably boring, so most people still didn't bother with it :D

Alex. said:
Well, at UC Berkeley attendance is tracked for the discussion/lab sections of some courses or for smaller (~20 students) courses, particularly for the first couple weeks of a course (those that don't attend are dropped to make room for others).

What university is this?

Tell them it was 'that time of the month' and you had 'womans problems'. I've seen that work wonders

Wear a wig and a dress if necessary ;) :D

Back