Explaining keyboard layout proposals. Fn hotkeys updated, language switching, powertoggles etc

Functional layout vs reduced layout

• Total voters

You think that's confusing? Try this one :)

impact500-1b.jpg
Pffft, that's easy. To get ">" you press the key in the top left corner, ">" in the bottom left, etc.
I'm unfamiliar with the "IMPACT500" key though, what does it do?

:D
That must be the key that starts the jackhammer. ;)

-Neelix
Sounds incompatible with all of my computers. I am glad I live in a country where the majority tried to smash out all other languages while they became the majority, so we only have 2 heavily used ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
So today news of the keymat was shared. It is in final form
post-1-0-88733000-1441330641.jpg

Interestingly i received one argument for doublewide space in that it is easier to press a doublewide key with the joint of your thumb.

While true, it makes for a strange switch between joint-pressing, and tip-pressing things like dot space.

Unless dot and comma are on the other side of the keyboard, but that doesnt excuse this flaw.  Different thumbs do different things, even if that is a bit weird.

Would be interesting to test this on actual hardware.

Well, the mould for the keymat is already in production and will be finished within this month. ...  The work on the case moulds has also begun now.
link

In the end i think I might have had some sort of influence on insert/delete and where escape is, but im not quite sure.

(edit: turns out the powerbutton is also done the way i want it :)

Cant help but feel ambiguous about it. Good to have done what i can, sad that the molds cant be used for something better, even later.

Hoping for a ortholinear 14+cm wide pyra2 in the future. If we are honest about who the demographic is, it makes for a great tool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back