Ext Connector Supplies

aum108

Still Fresh
Hi,

Does anyone know of a supplier who can sell well-fitting EXT connectors for the GP2X?

I need to be able to buy the connectors initially 1-off, then 10-off, then 1000+

Also, I only want the connector itself, not the cable.

(I'm designing a Zigbee wireless board, to fit within a custom shell, to plug in solidly and attractively into the GP2X).

I've looked at http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/EXT_Port_Connectors but all the options there have problems.

Thanks in advance for your help

Cheers
aum108

Are u thinking of providing it as a mean to transfer data between 2 GP2Xs, to play multiplayer games, or (yes yes please tell me that is what you will use it for) to build a mean to ease playing on tv out (either by supplying a wireless controller that will let us leave the GP2X over the tv set, or by sending the video and audio to a wireless reciever that will be placed over the tv set)?

Are u thinking of providing it as a mean to transfer data between 2 GP2Xs, to play multiplayer games, or (yes yes please tell me that is what you will use it for) to build a mean to ease playing on tv out (either by supplying a wireless controller that will let us leave the GP2X over the tv set, or by sending the video and audio to a wireless reciever that will be placed over the tv set)?

I can feel your enthusiasm :)

To answer your question, I can definitely say yes. With a Zigbee infrastructure in place (and the addition of support by game developers), it'll be possible to play multiplayer games across a tiny, small or very large local network of users within a physical range of 10-100m (or more with the addition of repeater modules), with lower latency than 802.11b/g wireless connections.

My first priority is to get the GP2X zigbee-enabled. For those unacquainted with zigbee, it's a low-cost, low-power alternative to conventional (802.11b/g) wireless that allows low-latency connections between a small or large number of devices. More info at www.zigbee.org.

Comparing zigbee to bluetooth and 802.11b/g:
  • Better connectivity than bluetooth - ability to set up large mesh networks with less overhead
  • Less latency than bluetooth or 802.11b/g
  • Lower power use than both bluetooth and 802.11b/g
I need a dependable supply of Ext port connectors. I think Gamepark are crazy for marketing an excellent open-source handheld platform without making available an easy supply of hardware expansion connectors.

Open-source the software but keep the hardware closed (or at the mercy of 3rd party suppliers)???

IMHO, it's critical that Gamepark make the ext connector available as an inexpensive standard accessory, and sustain supply right through and after the GP2X product life cycle.

Cheers
aum108

Last edited by a moderator:
I would sugest you to first get a low qtty off ebay and then contact a main gp2x reseller if you need more (gp2x.co.uk gp2x.de)

Back