Ext->usb Networking

A_SN

I just bought ARTaylor's EXT->USB cable plus a powered USB hub for the sake that my GP2X' built-in USB port has snapped off. To connect my GP2X to my computer, I used a USB male <-> USB male connector which is plugged into one of the USB ports of my PC.

Now, how can I get USB networking with this setup, or at least, how can I see what's on my SD card?

A_SN said:
I just bought ARTaylor's EXT->USB cable plus a powered USB hub for the sake that my GP2X' built-in USB port has snapped off. To connect my GP2X to my computer, I used a USB male <-> USB male connector which is plugged into one of the USB ports of my PC.

Now, how can I get USB networking with this setup, or at least, how can I see what's on my SD card?

Im not quite sure if that would work...
it might! i tried to do that with 2 computers and failed...

Google is your friend :p

Last edited by a moderator:
errr OK. Can someone at least tell me how I can see the files on a USB Mass Storage device that's connected to the hub? I tried but I couldn't see anything from the gp2x.

USB networking not going to work, you've got a host to host connection.

You should be able to see a USB mass storage device - have you got the USB Host and Storage options on in the System menu?

Parkydr said:
USB networking not going to work, you've got a host to host connection.

You should be able to see a USB mass storage device - have you got the USB Host and Storage options on in the System menu?
Yup, but even when everything that should be turned on is on and everything that should be turned off (like usb networking) is off I still don't see my USB Mass Storage device that's connected to the powered HUB in in the ext mount point thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back