External Hard Drive

weirdelf

Still Fresh
Iwas just wondering if i could attach a 100gb mini hard drive to the gp2x to enlarge the storage space.

weirdelf posted on Sep 30 2006 at 01:11 PM said:
but if i did not do this then it wouldnt be possible?

Why dont you search on google instead of bothering us with LAZY questions?

Last edited by a moderator:
suppafly posted on Sep 30 2006 at 08:06 PM said:
weirdelf posted on Sep 30 2006 at 01:11 PM said:

Why dont you search on google instead of bothering us with LAZY questions?

Yeah, what do you think this is? Some kind of place where you can ask GP2x related questions and get helpful answers?

weirdelf posted on Sep 30 2006 at 09:11 PM said:
yes it is very easily possible, buy a break-out-board and attach your hd to it.
You can buy them at playasia.

Guys, stop being ignorant he only asked a question and he just signed up today. With that being said, you should search before you ask because it can raise tempers of others.

Jeez guys, stop the feeding frenzy! The poor guy just signed up today and your already scaring him off. This happens way to much here :rolleyes: .

To answer your second question,

"What do you mean by search?"

If you look at the top of the main forums page you'll see "Help-Search-Members-Calendar" Hit the search link and type in your question. You will find it has been asked by about 100 others before, and been answered 100's of times. Thats kinda why some folks tend to freak out like a cat under a rocking chair when they hear the question again...lol :lol: .

Its proper here as other places on the web to search the forums in the way I explained and also search the web before asking here as a last resort. If you've done your homework and ask politely, you will find the folks on this forum extreemly helpful and welcoming. ;)

To answer your original question:

Yes, you can use a usb hard drive- many here do.

You cant just plug it in to the gp2x though, You will need:

1) a BOB(Break out board/an external card that connects to the EXT port and let you use up to 4 USB devices)

GP2X B.O.B. or,

2) A special serial cable that you can either buy, or make yourself-go to wikipedia and search there for the specs /tutorial on making one or buy one here.

USB Host Adapters or,

3)modify your GP2X to act as a host port.USB Host Port Hack

Welcome to the forum :D

Sweet, after I get my GP2X I'll have to get out the old soldering iron
! :D

Back