Extra spare parts

Adventurer

Still Fresh
Hello,

I have ordered Pandora recently, and I would like to know, if there are extra spare parts I should consider ordering as well - as I understand, along with original Pandora stock depleting rather fast, spare parts will not be available after some time, or maybe I'm a bit too worried about the unit breaking?

Thanks for your help in advance !

Get an aluminium case. :)

I expect ED will offer any parts he can still get as long as possible. I think the nubs might be problematic, the LCD cable and the batteries too (unless the Pyra one fits too).

When you bought it new you still have warranty for a year, I guess ED will keep some spare parts reserved for those or have some other nice way to handle repairs.

Well, I guess I will order a pair of LCD cables, maybe one more extra battery - since I ordered Pandora megapack, I will have one spare already.

As for aluminium case - fine, I thought about this, but they are not yet available, or am I missing something?

As for aluminium case - fine, I thought about this, but they are not yet available, or am I missing something?
You can preorder them. I suspect if you wait until they are actually available they might be sold out very fast and I haven't actually seen a statement on whether there will be more produced than just the batch we are waiting for right now. I could imagine it, but not sure.

I'm not sure nubs go bad per se. My right nub has always been a bit liable to going wonky since I've owned this unit, and it's showing no sign of getting better or worse, so I don't see why it should go bad unlike the LCD cable.

I'm not sure nubs go bad per se. My right nub has always been a bit liable to going wonky since I've owned this unit, and it's showing no sign of getting better or worse, so I don't see why it should go bad unlike the LCD cable.
I meant it in the sense of "a part which can break, is possible to replace, but might not be available anymore in the future".

Well, it seems LCD cable is a problem to order now, it is a bit sad, because from the forums it seems the main technical problem with Pandora. I would really like to have a spare one just in case...

Maybe Pyra cable will be compatible? As I understand, more spare parts for original ones will not be made.

Well, it seems LCD cable is a problem to order now, it is a bit sad, because from the forums it seems the main technical problem with Pandora. I would really like to have a spare one just in case...

Maybe Pyra cable will be compatible? As I understand, more spare parts for original ones will not be made.
I'm pretty sure the Pyra cable will be incompatible.

The thing with your LCD cable - if isn't faulty in the first place, there is no reason for it to break spontaneously. No reason to make a stock of them at home.

Pyra cable is completely different, with less wires. Definitely incompatible.

If you plan to play a lot, buy an extra keymat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back