Exult Gp2x 1.2 Beta 1 Available :)

You rule my man, we all appreciate your work. I was an Ultima nerd from the first time i read a review of Ultima 3 in the old C&VG magazine when I was 12, and after I saved up enough for that commie 64 that was the first game i ever loaded, and was blown away. I've owned every ultima since, including the horrible 8 and 9 (Ascention) just because of the awesome memories of 3-7.

I can't wait till this is playable, keep it up! :D

Yesterday I had been testing events generation to emulate keyboard in Exult, obtaining good results :)

I have been preparing an interface which will allow us to access to all interesting keyboards shortcuts (switch to combat mode, show the map, show the inventory, spellbook...) using button's combinations, avoiding in this way the use of the mouse to do it faster.

I haven't tried yet in the GP2X, but I think that it will be quite comfortable and useful :)

If everything is ok, I hope that today or tomorrow I will get keyboard emulation ready and, as soon as I can fix a mouse emulation problem (it does not work when appears the bar to move money), I will release a new public version.

Regards

Puck2099 posted on Dec 29 2005 at 05:27 AM said:
Yesterday I had been testing events generation to emulate keyboard in Exult, obtaining good results :)

I have been preparing an interface which will allow us to access to all interesting keyboards shortcuts (switch to combat mode, show the map, show the inventory, spellbook...) using button's combinations, avoiding in this way the use of the mouse to do it faster.

I haven't tried yet in the GP2X, but I think that it will be quite comfortable and useful :)

If everything is ok, I hope that today or tomorrow I will get keyboard emulation ready and, as soon as I can fix a mouse emulation problem (it does not work when appears the bar to move money), I will release a new public version.

Regards

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on this Puck, I can't wait to play this and test it out. Have my GP2X in hand, but still waiting on my SD card. Actually using an 8 mb card from an old digital camera!

Let me know if you need a "beta" tester of sorts. I would be glad to help in any way possible with this.

Reaper

Last edited by a moderator:
uh nice, this gets finally playable ;)
ok i think i have to search my U7 CD now...
Thank you Puck for your great work!

reaper79 posted on Dec 29 2005 at 01:55 PM said:
Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on this Puck, I can't wait to play this and test it out. Have my GP2X in hand, but still waiting on my SD card. Actually using an 8 mb card from an old digital camera!

Let me know if you need a "beta" tester of sorts. I would be glad to help in any way possible with this.

Reaper

Is there enough free space in that SD card to Exult and Ultima VII? :p

By the way, if you doesn't matter try "development versions" send me an email ;)

Regards

Puck2099 posted on Dec 29 2005 at 08:28 AM said:
Is there enough free space in that SD card to Exult and Ultima VII? :p

By the way, if you doesn't matter try "development versions" send me an email ;)

Regards

:D Unfortunetely no, exult and ultima VIII take up 46mb with all the OGG files installed. After coming home from work, I was surprised to find that my new SD card was delivered in a day from newegg.com. Expect an email soon.

Reaper

Back