F200 Internal Memory

unsub

Still Fresh
maybe i'm retarded in some way, but after over an hour solid of searching everywhere i can't find an answer. Can one access the internal NAND memory on an F-200? I've turned on the 'usbhost' thing in the settings, but honestly i don't know what that means and it didn't work anyway. so, are we locked out of the NAND? i wanted to install gmenu2x on it.
cheers

There is afaik no way to use the NAND with the GP2x menu. You can perhaps using Sterm to do so, but I didn't test this yet.

Regards,
Stephan

You'll probably have to copy the file(s) onto an sd card, and then write a script to copy those file to nand (which is then run via the standard menu)

unsub said:
i wanted to install gmenu2x on it.
I recommend you leave gmenu2x on your SD. It will be easier to access if you want to add new icons, skins or wallpaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried accessing the internal memory using the USB cable? Or are you trying to copy things through the GP2X menu? Stupid question, but it is not clear that you had tried this from your post...

Your best option is to keep off the internal memory. Just use SD cards, they're replaceable and cheap. :)

linoleum13 said:
Have you tried accessing the internal memory using the USB cable? Or are you trying to copy things through the GP2X menu? Stupid question, but it is not clear that you had tried this from your post...
With firmware 4.0 both functions are missing... :(

sukhigp said:
The usb on in settings is for the gp2x cradle.
ah... ok, that makes sense. so, with the cradle, i could plug a mouse in to it? or a USB racing wheel?

no, i don't know why i would do either, but i am still curious. :)

re " both are missing in firmware 4 " - ok, that makes sense; it seemed like people were talking about a different system, so i guess that was firmware 3 or whatever. You think GP will put it back in? i don't play any of the built in games, and i would really like to replace them with mame and a couple of good roms, and of course Vektar.

oh well :) thanx for all the responses.

Back