F200 Review At Instructables.com

Lurkio said:
Review

They seem to have missed us out somehow :rolleyes: (check step 5)

I found that whole review ludicrous... especially the part about no one in the US owning a GP2X. I'm in the US, and I'm sure there are quite a few others here who are as well. And that whole thing about "you'd better bone up on your Spanish and German"... MOST GP2X info I've encountered online is in English. And he must have sensitive eyes to have issues with the LED light. I think it's neat, and kinda soothing in a way (yeah, I'm a weirdo! :lol: ).

Yeah, it's a shame he skipped GP32x on his list of links. Of course maybe he checked us out and thought this was a site dedicated to The Craiginator (since so much of the talk that goes on here is about THAT :rolleyes:).

Last edited by a moderator:
morrissey2k7 said:
Lurkio said:
Review

I found that whole review ludicrous... especially the part about no one in the US owning a GP2X. I'm in the US, and I'm sure there are quite a few others here who are as well. And that whole thing about "you'd better bone up on your Spanish and German"... MOST GP2X info I've encountered online is in English. And he must have sensitive eyes to have issues with the LED light. I think it's neat, and kinda soothing in a way (yeah, I'm a weirdo! :lol: ).

Yeah, it's a shame he skipped GP32x on his list of links. Of course maybe he checked us out and thought this was a site dedicated to The Craiginator (since so much of the talk that goes on here is about THAT :rolleyes:).

I'm in the US I have three of them and a GP32 so he can kiss my black/scottish american ass. :lol:

Game_over said:
morrissey2k7 said:
Lurkio said:
Review

I'm in the US I have three of them and a GP32 so he can kiss my black/scottish american ass. :lol:

Seconded as I eagerly await my second unit here in California, two friends have them, demo-ed it for my lug, the guys at the local gamestop knew what it was before I opened the case. There's just no TV commercials or native games turned into lame sappy cartoons.

Lurkio said:
Review

If I didn't already have a GP32 and a GP2X and read that "review", I'd run to the nearest game stop and by a psp. First of all, almost all the software is english, he must of run into the spanish site (I think it's gp32spain or something), or is just an idiot because google-ing gp2x brings gp32x up (albeit on the second page) and if you are reviewing something you really should do some google-ing to keep from making dumb mistakes. I also don't understand the how hard it is aspect. I've never had much trouble with either machine, and the hardest emulator to set up (dos emulator) is no more difficult than the pc version. If you've dealt with pc emulators, then you really shouldn't have much trouble with gp2x emulators. The homebrewns are usually just straight unzips to the sd-card. And why he concentrates on lynx and gba emulators and not emulators that really make the machine shine like Genesis and MAME is a real zinger of a question. He must work for Sony or something. Terrible.

And I just happen to live in the good ol' USA as well.

Chris

Yeah this review was awful, I do agree that the LED is a bit bright. I have been thinking about something I can do to make it a little less bright. I think I am going to open up the case and put a blue plastic filter in front of the LED.

Back