Release f2bgl (Fade to Black)

jedi23

Very Active Member
With this port, I realized a few oddities.

The engine supports a nice looking fullscreen mode, but then the game crashes ...mostly... when the actual gameplay starts (in the Terminal it reports "ERROR: I/O error on seeking to offset #####!") However, ...sometimes... it does not crash and then you can play it without crashing at all in fullscreen. Especially after a fresh boot.
The culprit here seems to be GL4ES, because it does not crash without it (but runs very slow due to the missing native drivers).
There are no crashes in window mode, so I let the game run windowed and added the possibility to play the game in fullscreen mode by starting the game via Terminal:
$ fade2.sh -f

Another issue is that the game won't start in Debian 11 right off the bat because it looks for an older version of fluidsynth (the provided version in Debian 10 is fine).
To start it nevertheless in Debian 11 do:
$ sudo cp /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libfluidsynth.so.2 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libfluidsynth.so.1

And I discovered surprisingly, that the rumble feature only works in Debain 11 and not in Buster. Any idea why?

Last edited:
Back