Factory Assembly & Teardown?

laserbeams

People seem to love teardowns of new and interesting gadgets. While these are probably more attention grabbing for more enigmatic devices that don't have large photos of their boards and other innards posted on the main website, I think it would be nice to see an annotated assembly/disassembly process photo series or video.

Personally, I wouldn't sacrifice my own to do this (whenever it arrives) and I don't think anyone else should have to possibly worry about voiding their warranty. I know the OPT are crazy busy right now, but if someone with a good camera at the factory could shoot or record the assembly and teardown process, that would be keen.

Maybe save someone's new Pandora by using a known dud board, and give a nice assembly and disassembly guide in case anyone ever needs it in the future. Sounds like something worth doing. Has this been suggested? Other thoughts?

i am not sure if anyone could be bothered to do this considering how much time we spent oogling the board and the various parts for 2 years prior to assembly!

I think it would be of benefit to tech blogs and stuff that are carrying news about the Pandora, and to people who weren't necessarily ogling for 2 years, like myself, or future 2nd batch owners.

there IS an assembly video, what more would you want?, that and umpteen billion photos of every part, from every angle, can't say we need more tbh

hobbyman II said:
there IS an assembly video, what more would you want?, that and umpteen billion photos of every part, from every angle, can't say we need more tbh
Someone just needs to play it backwards and you have a teardown video! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I'd seen most of the videos, I can't believe I missed the prototype assembly one. Well, now I feel a little dumb. Thanks though.

I'm due a unit with a defective nub, so I may well do some photos of any work I need to do to force it back into life. Not sure if the team have any issues with detailed PCB level photography - Let me know, and I'll respect that.

BAM! I can't conceive of a single additional piece of information potentially useful in either the assembly or disassembly of a Pandora!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back