FAT32 with 16M free space is still corrupted

Depends.

If FAT, boot into windows, use checkdisk (dunno if a Linux equivalent exists).

If EXT, umount the card, then as root:

fsck -y /dev/partition_of_the_card

Name can be /dev/mmcblk0p1 on OP, or /dev/sdb1 on card readers etc.

I inserted card to my PC, then right clicked it to go to Properties, Tools, and left clicked "Check Now". Started disk check up, inserted card back into Pandora and still see the corrupted PCSX ReArmed with having problems loading saved states and ROMs / ISOs.

Well, data is corrupted, say bye bye to it.

What is your card's brand/model ?

Is it really the card or do you just have problems with PCSX ReArmed?

Have you tried deleting PCSX ReArmed's appdata folder or deleting and re-downloading the .PND?

Don't forget to let 16M free at the start of the card if you format it manually under Linux.

Check F_Slim's advice too.

Are you sure the data source isn't corrupted ?

Get a GParted live cd, format it as FAT32 with 16M free space at start.

I formated it with Gparted.pnd (Create A Pandora Card).

EDIT: I figured that it was the SD card. My other one is okay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just download the ISO file, burn the ISO to a CD, insert CD in a PC with a CD/DVD drive and it should just launch gparted. It runs entirely off the CD. Worked well for me at least that was the case when I last used the gparded live cd.

If you already have a desktop linux installed on a PC, you can just install gparted.

I used Free ISO Burner, reinserted burnt CD, nothing's happening.

I think the idea is that you have to boot with the disc (I could be wrong), not that it's an autorun software package - you might need to change the Bios settings to enable boot from CD if it's disabled.

I'd wonder about the Micro SD adapter if you're having such frequent issues, try to get your hands on a conventional Sandisk SDHC card and see how that goes.

I think the idea is that you have to boot with the disc (I could be wrong), not that it's an autorun software package - you might need to change the Bios settings to enable boot from CD if it's disabled.

I'd wonder about the Micro SD adapter if you're having such frequent issues, try to get your hands on a conventional Sandisk SDHC card and see how that goes.
Restarted, entered boot screen by pressing "Delete" key. Never showed up.

I'm afraid that I don't have enough to by a SanDisk SDHC card.

Got to the screen by holding F12 at the startup of my laptop with CD in it. Now at Gparted, I can't tell where the Micro SD card is at and I don't know how to use Gparted.

Could be PNY is part of the problem, you won't be able to eliminate that unless you try one of the cards that seem to be problem free.

Any PNY users here? I googled them for problems, and the results were pretty mixed. SanDisk works flawlessly for me, others here will have their own experiences.

IIRC not only is there a quality difference between makers, but the controller chip in some cards is superior, which helps avoid corruption.

Micro SD cards is sort of a grey area - not so many here use them AFAIK, so hard to say whether they are any more problematic, but the adapter you have to use adds an extra layer of potetential problems. Micro SD cards are a lot dearer too - the Sandisk one you linked to came up at $66, the SDHC version is less than half that (and in class 4, less than a third!).

Just in case it's not been asked (sorry if it has) - you're not removing cards while the Pandora is on or anything? Such regular corruption is very unusual.

No problems with my first card, but the main problem is safely moving from that to a card with much larger memory. And yes, I have been removing cards without unmounting (or safely removing them) but it doesn't bother my first card. But recently, I have been safely removing them, unless they don't get detected or don't unmount.

After I used "Create a Pandora Card" in the Pandora for an 8GB PNY card, I tried moving from the first PNY Micro SD Card to the other using the Pandora and I found glitches in my PCSX emulator after loading save states.

Back