Fba2x - Preview Images

cd78

Website
www.craigdalyart.co.uk
Ive downloaded a full set of PNG's and placed them in the preview folder of my Fba2x folder but they are not showing up when i run the emulator...
The PNG's are 224x226 pixels approx

Can anyone help?? are they meant to be saved as a different file type? :blink:

I think they need to be in BMP format and 192x112 resolution.

There should be an old preview pack for FBA-CAPEX somewhere. It should still work, but will have some missing previews for the new games.

A small hint in Capex info.txt, but no mention of what the req is:
-add message when preview xxx.bmp is not available

Searched the board for the old FBA2X thread and found a hint for the screenshot pack. I got that months ago.
Maybe also here from the Spanish board.

Hope that helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot guys. This is such a cool forum. I really appreciate it. ^_^

The download link from the spanish board doesnt seem to work..im guessing that is a more up-to-date screenshot pack.
Just downloaded the older pack.

This is my fave emu so i want it *just* right! :D

Can one of you guys also give me a quick bit of advice on using the Fba Cache app?
I try to open the app but it flashes up then vanishes..im using Vista, would that affect it??

Ive read the readme but it doesnt really explain how to use the cache programme, i use the Cps2 one but have no luck with the Fba one!!

You need to use the Command Prompt.

Here is the translated instructions:
To generate cache files:
- The fbacache.exe program is needed. You need to copy the ROM and those that it depends on to the ROMs directory and execute "fbacache.exe -d [romname].zip"
- For example with Metal Slug 5, copy mslug5.zip and neogeo.zip to the ROMs directory and execute "fbacache.exe -d mslug5.zip"
- If all goes well, this will generate the file mslug5.fba; this is the one you must copy to the ROMs directory of FBA2x; ONLY THIS FILE, mslug5.zip and neogeo.zip are not need (unless another game needs neogeo.zip

Alternative instructions:
1. Copy the ROM set & BIOS set (neogeo.zip or pgm.zip) to the "roms" folder
2. If it's a clone set, copy also the parent set
3. Open the Command Prompt, and go to the FBACache directory
4. Type and enter "fbacache.exe -d [romname].zip" (no quotes, and [romname] is the ROM set's filename)
5. Wait until the dumping process completes (make sure no missing files are indicated)
6. Copy only the [romname].fba to the ROMs folder of FBA2x in the SD card

Back