Feedback Advice On Purchaising A Gp32

choccolater

Still Fresh
Hello, Im new to your forum and the whole gp32 wave. That is why im posting this request for feedback. Ive come accross an ebay listing with a gp32 at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

and I was wondering if its a good buy. Im looking to collect it mostly but also try it out for myself so its good that all origional parts is included and all items are boxed even the comercial games. I was also wondering if anyone knew which units were lesser produced. I assume there would be many of the origional release of non-lit units and probably alot of Blu units because of the euro release. So is it likely true that the Flus are the more rare units as they arent an official release? How about compared with the blu+ units? or are the origional blus non+ the most rare? Im seriously considering this buy but would greatly appreciate some expert opinion.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Apr 30 2006 at 02:55 AM said:
nah, that's a FLU(front lit unit). I suggest a BLU (back lit). Craig is very reputable and selling them for a great price. search gp32 on ebay and you should see an auction for 50 pounds offering the sale to the first ebayer to bid.

Why do you suggest this? Pros cons? Mostyly Im looking for collectablity. Were there less blus produced or flus? certainly not nlus, am i correct? Ive read that flus were a third pary response to a need that the nonlit units couldnt fullfill. wouldnt that make flus quite limited in production and also i very interesting segment in the history of the gp32? also i like the fact that the light switch is separate from the playing buttons and that i can still play when the light is off. I read the blu screen is virtually black when the back light is off. but still, my main deciding question is which model is the rarest? thanks for responding by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
rarest? not sure. I myself am a handheld collector, and have quite a collection. needless to say, I own both as well as a gp2x :)

I've never heard about the 3rd party response bit, but maybe i'm wrong. Perhaps wait for someone more knowledgeable?

good luck finding an answer!

not to scare you but you also need to make sure if you are getting a blu that you make sure its a BLU or BLU+, a BLU+ has a screen made from a different manufacturer which causes it to need it's own software. For example, you buy a BLU+ and you want to play Castaway. Then instead of downloading regular Castaway, you look for the BLU+ version of Castaway and so on. Any other GP32 will not have this issue, it will run any program except for BLU+ programs. And don't be scared about this, practically every program you will need and want has either a blu+ version OR an option within the program to go into BLU+ mode.

I own a flu and am happy with it, your right, the BLU screen is turned off by holding the select button so it is nice having a seperate switch for the light. Though the colors are more vibrant with a blu, i'd say either one should fit your needs rather nicely.

Your site has viruses by the way. Luckily theyve all been blocked by my antivirus software. But I keep getting notified of trojans when ever I load this website. Just thought Id let you know. Maybe you can forward to the proper people.

Back