Fenix Beta 4 Released

Puck2099

Certified Guru
Website
www.gp32wip.com
Hi,

Here there is a new public version of my Fenix port for GP2X.

fenixsplash.png

The new features are:
  • Added posibility to overclock the runtime from 133 to 300 Mhz.
  • Added memory handle functions written in assembler to improve speed a little in these operations.
  • Added customizable splash screen showing information about the current Fenix version.
  • Removed .conf file to select the usage of volume buttons. Now you can select that using commands.
  • Added "forced exit" (using L+R+CLICK) to exit games that don't implement an exit to the menu (mainly GP32 games).
  • Fixed bug that affected to mathematical functions (sin, cos, abs...) returning always 0.
  • Fixed bug that showed all text on screen in lowercase.
  • Fixed bug that didn't save data to SD when was required.
  • Increased compatibility with lots of games, now work games as Maniac Race, Yetti, Xenon, Castle of Dr. Malvado...
I would recommed you to read readme.txt file in order to understand how to use the differente commands.

You can download it here: Fenix Beta 4

Sorry for my bad English :unsure:

Regards

Just some quick feedback:

Some more games which used mathematical functions (scorchedGP, Paraball, etc.) now work great :)
Veryvery cool, thanks for the new release :)

However, there still seems to be one bug hidden somewhere...
Try Nazcadreams. Seems to run fine at first - but go two screens to the right (until you find the rings that make you fly).
Jump into the first ring - and the fenix runtime will start having some weird pauses and delays. Even the music begins to stutter.
Doesn't happen on the GP32.

I checked a bit more and changed the clock settings - it didn't change. The delays and music stuttering is exactly the same, whether you play with 200 MHz or with 250 MHz. So I guess it's not a CPU overload for the gp2x, but something different.
A similar thing happens when playing StreetFighter2 Pong.

I hope that helps you squishing that last nasty bug.

EDIT: Found something more: Some games (like Flipull, etc.) seem to have a mouse cursor which can't be moved on the gp2x.

EvilDragon posted on Apr 14 2006 at 11:59 PM said:
Just some quick feedback:

Some more games which used mathematical functions (scorchedGP, Paraball, etc.) now work great :)
Veryvery cool, thanks for the new release :)

However, there still seems to be one bug hidden somewhere...
Try Nazcadreams. Seems to run fine at first - but go two screens to the right (until you find the rings that make you fly).
Jump into the first ring - and the fenix runtime will start having some weird pauses and delays. Even the music begins to stutter.
Doesn't happen on the GP32.

I checked a bit more and changed the clock settings - it didn't change. The delays and music stuttering is exactly the same, whether you play with 200 MHz or with 250 MHz. So I guess it's not a CPU overload for the gp2x, but something different.
A similar thing happens when playing StreetFighter2 Pong.

I hope that helps you squishing that last nasty bug.

EDIT: Found something more: Some games (like Flipull, etc.) seem to have a mouse cursor which can't be moved on the gp2x.

Thanks for your help EvilDragon :)

Do you remember another game with the same cursor bug than Flipull?

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Folks,

Puck2099 has asked me to add Fenix to the GP2X section of Checklist, as to aid in what games still don't work on the latest port.

Can I ask peoples who own a GP2X to update the statuses on this list please, it would be a great help.

Checklist

Thanks,
Clare.

Puck2099 posted on Apr 19 2006 at 12:41 PM said:
Do you remember another game with the same cursor bug than Flipull?

Yes - I had this issue with some games.
I'll try them again and report back, though it might take up until Weekend (have taxes work to do... )

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on Apr 20 2006 at 04:38 AM said:
I'll try them again and report back, though it might take up until Weekend (have taxes work to do... )

Could you better update Checklist with the game you try, please? :)

Thanks a lot

Last edited by a moderator:
Puck2099 posted on Apr 20 2006 at 09:12 AM said:
EvilDragon posted on Apr 20 2006 at 04:38 AM said:

Could you better update Checklist with the game you try, please? :)

Thanks a lot

Sure :D

Last edited:
Back