Release Fennec 4.0b3

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well, as some of you guys asked for a more recent Fennec version... here it is: Fennec 4.0b3.

Works really fast :)

Also, it saves everything on the SD-Card - unless you have a .mozilla-directory in your home-dir (then it saves in there on the NAND).

Download: Fennec 4.0b3

The app store is so outdated , I'm suprised you still have it. The wiki has much more software and is kept up to date.
No offence intended to whoever is keeping that up to date, but it would be better in the long run to manage this sort of thing in a repository, to facility easy searching and browsing, automatic update checking, etc.

There is a lot of prior art for this in modern Linux distributions, even if they don't handle the searching and browsing part as effectively as they could.

Last edited by a moderator:
The app store is so outdated , I'm suprised you still have it. The wiki has much more software and is kept up to date.
I said way back then that they should have figured out some way to have a common backend for both the Appstore and the File Archive, so the same software would appear on both sites. Because they didn't do that, things began appearing in one place and not the other, and eventually many people began not uploading to either one. The wiki's the only reason that almost all Pandora software is still easy to find in one place...

They should just kill the app store. Its a fecking mess. I used the app store when I first got my panda and wondered why everything was so out of date. Think they should just create a back end of the wiki for an app store tbh

Oh you download by holding your finger or stylus on the download link then hitting save

calm down, craig said there is going to be an app store update, plus dont forget there is always the site (+repo for a native client) im working on, and its comning along very nicly indeed, cant wait for public testing you guys will love it (I hope).

Well, as some of you guys asked for a more recent Fennec version... here it is: Fennec 4.0b3.
Thanks a lot Ed!

Works really fast :)
I don't want to nitpick, because it's a real nice browser and the UI is very useful using the touchscreen, but it doesn't come close to Chrome regarding javascript performance though.

Also, it saves everything on the SD-Card - unless you have a .mozilla-directory in your home-dir (then it saves in there on the NAND).
Are you sure this works? I just removed the .mozilla dir from my homedir, started Fennec and the .mozilla dir was back again...

About says: 4.0b3pre (is that the correct one?)

Are you sure this works? I just removed the .mozilla dir from my homedir, started Fennec and the .mozilla dir was back again...

It's a symlink that will be removed once you properly close Fennec again.

If you don't properly close it, the symlink should stay there, but the data is on the SD Card.

Thanks and sorry bout that, I'll do "ls -l" next time.... :eek:

Back