Few Questions

Nachician

Still Fresh
Hello. I was thinking of buying a GP2x MK2, but first I need to know some things:
-About the battery life, how much is it? I'm thinking of getting the Value pack that comes with the 4 batteries, are those good enough to play at least 5 or maybe 4 hours?
-The joystick. Is it good? I heard after a while of using it, it starts to fail... And I live in Argentina, so shipping costs a lot(and a dollar=3arg$) and I don't want to change it every year...
-Does the console overheat if you overclock it to 250 mhz? I see a lot of you overclock it so I don't know.
-Also, do you know a place that ships to Argentina that is safe. I don't want to get a faulty one because most websites do not have warranty and if I get a bad one I would probably have to buy anorher one...

Thanks a lot.

EDIT: Is this a good, safe website? It's cheap at least :p GP2XStore link

Nachician said:
Hello. I was thinking of buying a GP2x MK2, but first I need to know some things:
-About the battery life, how much is it? I'm thinking of getting the Value pack that comes with the 4 batteries, are those good enough to play at least 5 or maybe 4 hours?

you should be able to get that with 2500+ mAh NiMH batteries and a good charger

-The joystick. Is it good? I heard after a while of using it, it starts to fail... And I live in Argentina, so shipping costs a lot(and a dollar=3arg$) and I don't want to change it every year...

you'll have to try it for yourself. I don't have problems with mine, although i'd prefer a d-pad. There are countless threads on how "good/bad" the joystick is on this forum - just search.

-Does the console overheat if you overclock it to 250 mhz? I see a lot of you overclock it so I don't know.

no it won't overheat no matter what you overclock. Stability on the other hand....

-Also, do you know a place that ships to Argentina that is safe. I don't want to get a faulty one because most websites do not have warranty and if I get a bad one I would probably have to buy anorher one...

no clue.

Thanks a lot.

EDIT: Is this a good, safe website? It's cheap at least :p GP2XStore link

I haven't ordered from this site but many others have and I would say it's a reputable site.

On another note, this question is one that gets asked very very often. With some time spent searching, you'll easily find full details to the questions you were looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back