Please Answer My Questions So I Can Buy A Gp2x!

lobski

Hi, I may be purchasing a GP2x soon, but before that, I have some questions...

1. I know you can overclock your GP2x, but how safe is it? Is frying your CPU a possibility?

2. Is the Value Pack the Mk2?

3. Will they ever release a Mk3? Should I wait?

4. I live in Vancouver Canada, and if I don't order from online, does anyone know if there are shops around here where I can buy the Value Pack from?

Thanks.

lobski said:
Hi, I may be purchasing a GP2x soon, but before that, I have some questions...

1. I know you can overclock your GP2x, but how safe is it? Is frying your CPU a possibility?

2. Is the Value Pack the Mk2?

3. Will they ever release a Mk3? Should I wait?

4. I live in Vancouver Canada, and if I don't order from online, does anyone know if there are shops around here where I can buy the Value Pack from?

Thanks.
1. i dont think you can "fry" an arm9 processor with the current provided by 2 AA batteries

2. yes the Mk2 is the current version used in the V.pack (the Mk1 ran out a long time ago i think)

3. some people wait for Duke Nukem Forever (i heard no news of an Mk3, i think at this stage Mk3 is a brainchild of the community )

4. Google is your friend

Last edited by a moderator:
1. It's completely safe, there's no possibility of frying your CPU, worse thing that happens is your GP2X freezes/crashes, but a simple restart fixes that.

2. Yes.

3. Nobody really knows if an Mk3 will be released, I don't think you should wait, even if they do release an Mk3 that would PROBABLY be awhile from now. If at all.

4. I don't think there's any shops selling them, your only option is online.
http://www.gamersection.ca/ is a Canadian online store, could be a good place to consider.

2. Even if they released a mk3 I don't think that you will regret buying a gp2x, 'cause there is actually no big difference between the mk1 and mk2 *me is proud to have a mk1* :D

stay cheesey

I believe the prices are in US dollars on both websites.

Can't really say which one is better, you should try to figure out which one will cost you less. I heard both good and bad things about gamersection.ca, can't recall any bad stuff said about gp2xstore.com, but its probably been just the same type of feedback any other site would get.

I bought mine from http://www.play-asia.com/, though again it's gotten both good and bad feedback from fellow gp2x owners.

Hmm, I was going to make my next purchase a video card but the GP2x is very, very extremely intriguing....

K-teto said:
First rule: Don't ask for warez on irc channels. (specially the spanish one)
Or here either .. :p

screw the graphics card, mate! get a gp2x. I have basically abandoned computer gaming since I got my little korean friend. It will also cost you way less ;-) if you know what I mean ^^

K-teto said:
First rule: Don't ask for warez on irc channels. (specially the spanish one)
What happens in channels, stay in channels..

who asks for warez, stays the [****] out of channels ;-)

I just ordered it from gp2xstore, the Value Pack, Payback, and the adapter! :lol:

Cervante said:
:huh:

You do know the GP2X has the same processing speed as a sega dreamcast right?
It does?

Back