Few Questions About A Homebrew Breakout Box

WhiteDawn

Still Fresh
Ok, I'm planing on making a breakout box for my gp2x. (yes the cradle is nice, but whats the point of having a open source system if you don't do something yourself?) Now I've been looking over the schematic on the gp2x wiki. I am only planing on using the USB. Now I got a gp2x value pack, which is the newest, so I'm wondering if there is any possibility if it has 5 volts running through the 20th and 21st pins. (I am going to check myself with a volt meter soon, but I wanted to ask just in case there is another way to find out). Another question is about the 6-20v to 5v regulator, does the 6-20v mean that the regulator design can support voltages in those ranges? My final question is about the existing USB port on the gp2x, with a mini USB to USB adapter is it possible to plug in function-able USB devices in there? Or is it just programed to be used for file transfers?

Thanks to whoever can answer these questions for me!

Well, I know the answer to one I think... you couldn't use the mini usb to usb adaptor, due to the fact that the usb 2.0 port is slave mode only.

Hooka said:
Well, I know the answer to one I think... you couldn't use the mini usb to usb adaptor, due to the fact that the usb 2.0 port is slave mode only.
Ok, thanks for the answer. The others I manged to find answers by searching up for a bit longer on Google...BTW if anyone can suggest a site to get the ext port connector besides eBay that would help a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
WhiteDawn said:
Hooka said:
Ok, thanks for the answer. The others I manged to find answers by searching up for a bit longer on Google...BTW if anyone can suggest a site to get the ext port connector besides eBay that would help a lot!

artaylor sells these:http://www.artaylor.co.uk/gp2x/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back