Questions Regarding F-200

Nachician

Still Fresh
Hello,
I was about to buy the Gp2x F-100 Mk2 Value Pack from www.gp2xstore.com, but they were out of stock. I sent them an e-mail, where they replied that they wouldn't be selling any more F-100's. So I guess that only leaves me with the choice of buying a F-200. First I didn't want because I've seen a lot of people with problems and stuff like that. So I wanted to ask a couple of things before getting it.

1-Is the D-pad worse than the Mk2 stick?
2-Has the F-200 compatibility issues with emulators? A lot? Which Emu's?
3-Does ScummVM support the touch-screen? (That would be awesome!)
4-List any other problems, or advantages.

Thanks so much for reading and a lot more for answering.

There are several thread answering those questions already, why not start a new one? =)

1- The DPad is not worst, IMHO, but it still sucks. Rather than being a cross like any known dpad to man, it is actually 4 independent buttons. This has some disadvantages, for instance doing a Ha-Do-Ken (semi circle motion) is hard as the finger doesnt slide easily from one button to another (they are too high, and the edges are too sharp).... anyway, to sum it up: the F200.s Dpad is the only DPad flop in gaming history =P

BUT IT'S BETTER THAN THE MK2 STICK! =P

2- Yes it does, please find the F200 compatibility thread. Mame had some problems, I hear they were fixed recently. Also, DrMD doesn't work if you don't specify sound sampling to it's highest capacity. GP2x mess or whatever doesnt work... and there's another one. Hint: keyword "f200" and "compatibility" =P

3- Yes!! and it is awesome! =D Hint: keywords "f200" and "scummvm" =P

4- No access to NAND. No USB Networking. Lousy Firmware. Lousy stylus integration, blablabla

check out the wiki and remember, the search feature is your friend ! =D

http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/F-200

Thanks a lot for answering. That's pretty much all the info I needed. Believe it or not, I did search, but the Invision Power Boards search feature sucks, though I did find a couple of things I neede to know.

Again, thanks a lot, and if anyone else wants to reply with their opinions, they are welcome.

Nachician said:
Thanks a lot for answering. That's pretty much all the info I needed. Believe it or not, I did search, but the Invision Power Boards search feature sucks, though I did find a couple of things I neede to know.

Again, thanks a lot, and if anyone else wants to reply with their opinions, they are welcome.
Using Google to search the site may give you better results, enter the following into the Google search bar.

<type search terms here> site:www.gp32x.de

e.g. ScummVM site:www.gp32x.de

Last edited by a moderator:
Back