Best Emulators For The F-200 ?

cranker

Still Fresh
I am looking to buy the f-200 and would like to know the best emulators for this system. As I look at all the emulators, it seems like many are only listed as working for the f-100...etc, can someoen who has the f-200 let me know if they all work for the f-200 as well? (maybe the site was not updated)

Thansk for any info and this is the site I visited for info:http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,71

thx :)

cranker said:
I am looking to buy the f-200 and would like to know the best emulators for this system. As I look at all the emulators, it seems like many are only listed as working for the f-100...etc, can someoen who has the f-200 let me know if they all work for the f-200 as well? (maybe the site was not updated)

Thansk for any info and this is the site I visited for info:http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,71

thx :)
I have an F200. The only emulator I recall issues with was Stella, the Atari 2600 emulator, but those have since been resolved. Everything else works great!

My favourite emulators are PicoDrive for Sega Genesis and SegaCD (almost finished "Dune" for SegaCD), VICE for Commodore 64 (My system as a kid), and gpfce for NES.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the response. Would you happened to have tried atari 5200 , colecovision or intellivision ? I guess the page I am looking at is not up to date as it says for example that vice for c64 works with the f-100 only, probably did not update it..again thanks for the response :)

Last question for now : is the f-200 screen nice and bright ? like the ds lite ?

cranker said:
Thanks for the response. Would you happened to have tried atari 5200 , colecovision or intellivision ? I guess the page I am looking at is not up to date as it says for example that vice for c64 works with the f-100 only, probably did not update it..again thanks for the response :)

Last question for now : is the f-200 screen nice and bright ? like the ds lite ?
I've not tried those systems. The F200 "crash bugs" were relatively minor and involved the sound system. The only other time I've ever seen it is while working with Senor Quack trying to get "The Ur Quan Masters" (Star Control 2) working. Vice for C64 is probably the best emulator of the lot (I'm very biased though) and worked on day one with my F200.

I think the screen is nice and bright, compared to my daughters 2 DS Lites. I've not done a "Scary sunny bright day" test though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back