Compatibility With Gp2X F-200 Files

Jeshi

Still Fresh
I'm not sure on this, I looked around and didn't find an answer.
Do Emulators, Games, ect that are in the F-200 file archive work on the WiZ?

I'm asking because I'm not sure if the WiZ file archive is separate because they are the only ones that work on the WiZ or if they only work on the WiZ but the stuff in the other archive works as well?

I'd love an answer =D

The short and simple answer is no.

Games coded for one machine will not work on the other without some alterations and compilation of the original source code, if at all.

However, many GP2X games are, will or have been compiled for the Wiz already and I expect more in the future. If you are after a certain game, then contact the author and see if they have a version for the other machine available.

iprice said:
The short and simple answer is no.

Games coded for one machine will not work on the other without some alterations and compilation of the original source code, if at all.

However, many GP2X games are, will or have been compiled for the Wiz already and I expect more in the future. If you are after a certain game, then contact the author and see if they have a version for the other machine available.

Thanks, that answered my question perfectly =D

Last edited by a moderator:
I am waiting for my wiz to be delivered and I was wondering, reading this topic: would it be possible at all to create an f200 emulator for the wiz so that we could play all the f200 games without needing to wait for specific ports?

Possible, yes, likely, no.

The work involved in creating a F200 emulator would be substantial compared to the work required to port the apps.

thanks for the reply.

I was hoping in an emulator since I would really like at least cave story for the wiz, but it seems it is unlikely to be ported.

Is there any possibility that a list could be made, or already exists (in a much fuller extent), of games ported from previous systems made by GPH? I've done a google search but I'm only finding a few ports listed.

Back