A Few Questions

Dac

Still Fresh
I've been thinking of getting a GP2X but I have a few questions:

1. Why is the Value Pack cheaper than the single unit at http://www.gp2xstore.com/catalog/Console-3-1.html

2. With the Value Pack, do the built-in games take away from the built-in memory?

3. How do you navigate in Java games such as FreeCol where there are menus and key strokes?

Thanks for any help. I know these may be noob questions, so thanks for tolerating them

1. The MKII costs more because theyre not selling it anymore. The F-200 costs more becuase it has more features
2. The built in games are in the NAND, and you shouldnt be touching the NAND, so it doesnt matter

1) The website says that the single MK2 unit is out of stock. They are probably trying to get rid of their stock in the value pack before release of the F200. If you want an MK2 you have to get the value pack if you order from gp2xstore.com.

2) The built in games take away from memory. But you can delete them if you want. I personally have nothing in my built in memory. I just leave everything on SD cards. Its not a big deal.

3) Im not sure about Java games. Any Java game for the GP2X will have a control scheme that lets the game work properly. You will have to check the readme.txt's (Please please please always read those first) for how each game is specifically set up.

Welcome to the community!

Hi,

1. as the above say

2. you have two part to the internal, one for the system and the other for storage, I only have a demo version of vektar on the nand and everythong else on my sd. I hear most have only gmenu and icons on the nand, like linoleum13 says 'its no big deal'

3. don't know much myself but here is a recent thread on the subject here

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back