Fgen First Release - Version With Title Screen Bug

hando

Chief Editor
Website
www.gp32x.com
DOes anyone has this version somewhere? You know, this one with is weird title screen? I was using it all the time until today, and after i change to fgen with screen bug fixed, my saves from Phantasy star 4 doesnt work. After I chose them or try to load the GP32 resets. If anyone has it, please send it to hando[AT]gp32x.de. Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of saves being messed up... a tip for everyone using this emulator (and a bug to mention to Rlyeh next time I'm on IRC at the same time as him). Do not try and load the first save state (called something like "none"). It fecks up all your other ones if you do and it actually loads. Though admittedly the times when it does actually load aren't consistant.

I now have a set of Sonic 1 saves that load beautifully into the animating ss window, but when selected kill the system...

Which is odd...

hando posted on Jul 19 2004 at 04:54 PM said:
DOes anyone has this version somewhere? You know, this one with is weird title screen? I was using it all the time until today, and after i change to fgen with screen bug fixed, my saves from Phantasy star 4 doesnt work. After I chose them or try to load the GP32 resets. If anyone has it, please send it to hando[AT]gp32x.de. Thanks in advance
The 2 versions are the same, saves sometimes crash on both of them.

The release who had the title screen bug was simply a compressed one...compressing sometimes does a splash screen mess...

When I compress Opensnes 0.2, it's the same, the screen presentation is messed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, hando, do the following:

1. BACK up all your saved states on your PC.
2. DELETE them from the SMC.
3. Start PS4 and create a new savestate.
4. LOOK on you SMC and look for the PS4 saved state. It will most probably have a different name than your original save states.
5. RENAME the backupped save states on your PC so that they will have the same name as the new one and copy them back.

Should work now.

This is because Rlyeh has a very strange routine included for naming the savestates... sometimes they change name when you copy new games onto your SMC...

If this doesn't work, your savestates are screwed up :(

Back